Quantcast

my longest EVER projects are DONE

denette
I have been working on Christmas stockings for my niece and nephew off and on for 6 or 7 years now.  Clearly more off than on.  Hers is needle point and his is cross stitch, they are 8 and 9 now.  It has taken me probably hundreds of hours.  A month or so ago I put myself on a craft and project sabbatical until these darn things were finally done.  No other projects, period.   And tonight I FINISHED THEM!!!!  Truly a labor of love.  Sadly almost everything I have done that took way less time ended up being more impressive but they are cute and I am relieved to be done with them.  Unfortunately my sister won't appreciate them and I hope she doesn't just sell them in a year or two.  But I am so glad to have them done.  Now to just pack and mail them.  And to decide what is next......

Re: my longest EVER projects are DONE

Host - Morena
I'm dying to see it!  Did you take pics before you mailed it?

I did but don't know how to post pics from my phone, will have to wait until we put them in the computer.

Re: my longest EVER projects are DONE

denette
Here they are.

Re: my longest EVER projects are DONE

Missperson
 excellent work,any pictures showed for me?
I'm a simple person who loves handmade items and also love to do them by myself. Here, i wanna to make friends with more people and share funny things with them.

Re: my longest EVER projects are DONE

denette
I guess it didn't work when I tried to post pics from my phone.   Will have to wait until we get them in the computer.

Re: my longest EVER projects are DONE

jenny@birdsandsoap
Holy cow! Those stocking are beautiful. No wonder they took years, they look so labor- intensive. You certainly created heirlooms to hang on to.

Re: my longest EVER projects are DONE

Denette
Missperson, I guess the pics are there, at the end of my post there is an image you can download to see the stockings.  Didn't realize it was such a blurry picture.

RE: my longest EVER projects are DONE

denette
I certainly hope my sister considers them heirlooms and doesn't sell them at some point, she is quite into selling things.  They were a labor of love for sure.

Re: my longest EVER projects are DONE

SharonK
Your stockings are really cute!   No one appreciates the hours that handwork takes, unless they also do that craft.  These stockings are heirlooms.