looking for decoupage for my table

Missperson
 I would like to decoupage a table for a dining room in my house. The table will get heavy use~ many

meals, snacks, wiping down, water spillage,every day. It has some dents - what can I do to make the

surface smoother before gluing stuff down? meanwhile, I have no idea what would be better. If anyone

has suggestions, please please do tell  Thanks!
I'm a simple person who loves handmade items and also love to do them by myself. Here, i wanna to make friends with more people and share funny things with them.