a craft question about chalkboard lettering

a craft question about chalkboard lettering

Host {Heather} Inspired
This post was updated on .
Hello bloggers! I'm trying to make a chalk art (I posted about chalk art today: http://www.inspiremeheather.com/2012/10/project-chalk-art.html) but with my Grandmas famous (to me) shortbread recipe. Now I'm not sure how to get my "drawing" onto the chalkboard. I couldn't/wouldn't do it freehand - no way! I thought of getting a reverse stencil made but it would be over $40 plus shipping to get it done, that's too expensive. So, can you suggest anything? Thank you!
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com

Re: a craft question

jenny@birdsandsoap
You could find a projector to hook up to your computer and project the image on there for tracing. I've also seen where you rub chalk on the back of the paper, place the paper with the image onto you board and trace the image so the chalk leaves behind an outline.

Re: a craft question

Host {Heather} Inspired
Thank you Jenny I'll have to look into the second way you mentioned, I don't think I could find a projector to hook up to my computer (I didn't even know there was such a thing!).
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com

Re: a craft question

I echo the projector idea! But, yep...that seems time intensive! Sorry...I don't have a great solution! Maybe someone else will have one!

Re: a craft question

Beth just did one not long ago with instructions: http://unskinnyboppy.com/2012/10/how-to-create-halloween-chalkboard-art/

3m makes a projector, but I don't know anything about it. Good luck!

Re: a craft question

Re: a craft question

Ooo, I found a great tutorial on chalkboard lettering - it looks sooo easy!
http://indiecraftparade.com/blog/archives/2370
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com

Re: a craft question

Host - Morena
Very cool!  Thanks for the link!!

Re: a craft question about chalkboard lettering

Shannon at Fox Hollow Cottage