Quantcast

Will your house fall over if there is a hot glue EMP?

Will your house fall over if there is a hot glue EMP?

My husband always jokes that our house will fall over if there is a hot glue EMP.  You know the whole EMP thing, right?  Like the world is going to end when an electrical strike knocks out the "grid".  Well imagine that happening but it just affects hot glue.  Yeah - THAT is how much hot glue we have around the house.  Are you a hot glue gun addict too?!?  Please say yes!

Re: Will your house fall over if there is a hot glue EMP?

HOST-Court-Creek Line
YES!!! Most of my pictures are on the walls with hot glue. If a piece of trim is loose or falling off - hot glue. If it looks like I sewed it, I probably used hot glue. It's magic, that stuff.

Re: Will your house fall over if there is a hot glue EMP?

What what what?  Your PICTURES are on the wall with hot glue?  That totally wins.  How do you do that?  What happens when you rip them off?

PS - I'm TOTALLY not being snobby about your hot glue -- just curious.  This coming from the girl who had to pay $600 out of her deposit to a landlord because there were (count 'em!) 111 holes in the wall from an "art' installation.  NO JOKE.

Re: Will your house fall over if there is a hot glue EMP?

Melissa-The Happier Homemaker
Yeah I'm interested in the pictures on the wall with hot glue thing too!!! Does it mess your paint up? I used command strips on my walls of our BRAND NEW HOUSE and it ripped the drywall up when I removed it.  So much for that.  I'm the same with sewing-if I can hot glue it instead of sew Hot glue totally wins!!

Re: Will your house fall over if there is a hot glue EMP?

You must have a cordless or a serious cord! I can see you walking around with your hot glue gun. Funny!

Re: Will your house fall over if there is a hot glue EMP?

Speaking of sewing and hot glue.  I tried hot gluing a new cover on my ironing board instead of sewing a stretchy seam around the edges.  Yeah -- hot iron and hot glue do NOT mix.  OOPS.

Re: Will your house fall over if there is a hot glue EMP?

HOST-Court-Creek Line
Amy, that is just hilarious! I've ironed on top of hot glue before just to "Warm it up a little bit". OK, here's how the pictures on the wall thing works: First of all, take a beautiful old home that has been mangled by the previous owners, who put up ugly panelling over the original plaster and trim work. Decide you eventually want to rip out all that panelling and re-drywall anyway. Paint over the panelling but decide you don't care if you completely ruin it cause it's coming out anyway and just have fun playing around. Don't remove the pictures. Keep touch up paint on hand. I special circumstances in that much of my house is still kind of a dump. :) Might as well enjoy it while it lasts!

Re: Will your house fall over if there is a hot glue EMP?

Unskinny Boppy
LOL!! I can't believe you hot glued your photos to the wall! That's great!

Re: Will your house fall over if there is a hot glue EMP?

Shannon at Fox Hollow Cottage
No, but all my crafts certainly will!!! EMP... I laughed so loud! My husband was like, what???

Re: Will your house fall over if there is a hot glue EMP?

HOST ~ Jessica @ Mom4Real
My house and furniture will likely fall apart.  And Court, I totally hot glued metal letters to my kitchen wall!

Re: Will your house fall over if there is a hot glue EMP?

LOL...I'm not a huge hot glue fan.  But I use E-6000 on EVERYTHING!  :)