Quantcast

Why do you read blogs?

Blog writers sometimes write and write and write and write and forget about the readers.  Share your opinion below and vote on the poll below.  Let us know what you REALLY think!
I read blogs to:
You can select up to 10 options.

Re: Why do you read blogs?

Melissa-The Happier Homemaker
I read blogs to have something of my own.  I'm a stay at home mother to three children under the age of six.  So much of my day is consumed with the needs of others.  Reading blogs and writing my own is "my time" to have something that is just for me-not for anyone else.  MY time to connect with other women, MY time to accomplish small projects (small victories).  Blogging has given me the autonomy that I was lacking.

Let me add that I LOVE being a stay at home mother-it is my calling.  But after 5+ years of having small children I needed a little "me" time....I am not big on sitters so my me time has to be carved out in a different way, so for me the answer was the blogging community, first as a reader, then also at an author.

Re: Why do you read blogs?

jenny@birdsandsoap
Melissa, I wholeheartedly agree with you.

My husband actually encouraged me to start a blog for quite some time, and I'm so glad he did! It's nice to take off my "mom hat" and have something that's just for me.

I feel refreshed, and I feel like I have more to offer my family because I am not sucked dry. I get inspired, I get to share my passion, and get excited about things with others that my family cares nothing about. It's been a huge blessing, really.

Sure they love me, but my husband could care less about decorating mantels and my kids have no interest in how I sewed their Halloween costumes; they just want to wear them. I like getting to share those things with likeminded individuals.

I love information! I like how I can google an idea, and find someone who has expounded in detail on their blog about their experience. That's awesome. I've gained confidence from so many strangers in that way.

Blogging sure has made the world a smaller place!

Re: Why do you read blogs?

Host:  Mary Beth ~ C & C
I find so much inspiration on blogs.  The creativity is amazing.  I have always been a big magazine reader (love, love, love magazines) and blogs are magazines come to life for me.
Mary Beth @ Cupcakes and Crinoline
http://cupcakesandcrinoline.com/

Re: Why do you read blogs?

Adriana Ryan
I'm a new reader to world of DIY/decorating blogs. :) I don't have one of my own, but I love reading them to learn new things, and see how making your home beautiful doesn't have to be a break-the-bank thing. Also, my husband loves big woodworking projects but hates the small nitty-gritty details, so my love of decor is the perfect yin to his yang.
Adriana Ryan
http://adrianaryan.com

Re: Why do you read blogs?

Ellen (NouveauStitch.com)
I read blogs because I have not one, that's right NOT ONE of my IRL friends that share my passion for design, fabrics, sewing, pretty things, etc. When I read blogs written by people who like the things I do I feel validated. Blogs save my creative sanity!

Ellen

Re: Why do you read blogs?

TracyloveJohn
Banned User