Why did you start a blog?

Dee

Why did you start a blog?

Dee
Think back to that light switch moment when you hit "publish" for the very first time and recount exactly why you started to blog.

Then, follow that up with your thoughts on how well you've stuck to your initial purpose - have you? Or has your blog (or life in general) taken you a different direction than you originally intended?

I've just started to blog & I'm already wrestling with the whys & wheres of it all. Can't wait to get responses from seasoned bloggers!

Re: Why did you start a blog?

I was teaching a design class at a local community college (pre-google drive) and my power point presentations weren't syncing with their system, so a class or two I was stuck with nothing visual.  Imagine a design class with nothing visual - yeah.

So I decided to start one of these new fangled "blogs" so that all my information was in one spot that could be accessed online.  It worked!

5 or 6 years later -- that class is a thing of the past, but the blog has definitely picked up and morphed and changed.

Re: Why did you start a blog?

To add to that -- a couple of years ago -- I decided to turn my blog into a resource for readers and other bloggers and split it into 4 categories:  Food, Photography, DIY Design and Modern Garden Living.  Those categories stuck and I do very little beyond them.  :)