Why I'm not jumping on the G+ train with both feet...

Why I'm not jumping on the G+ train with both feet...

There's a lot of talk around blogland about G+.  How much better it is than facebook -- why it is more organic -- how there are no ads -- no blocking feeds, etc.

all true.

The problem is that facebook started out like that too.  Easy to understand and gain followers -- no ads -- no weird blocking feeds and making pages pay.

What happens when we put all our efforts into g+ and then once we are hooked the ads start and the monetizing efforts go in effect full force?

Not saying I like or dislike G+, but all my eggs aren't going in that one basket.

Where are you focusing your social networking efforts?

I've decided to put most of my extra time into marketing my email newsletter and feed and the forum (here!).  I find those to be the safest bets in terms of keeping visitors on MY site as opposed to off and keeping profits from my content on my turf.

Thoughts??

Re: Why I'm not jumping on the G+ train with both feet...

jenny@birdsandsoap
I just don't think facebook is dead yet. There is no other network that has grandmas and grandkids engaging together.

Besides, no matter how easy or fluid or whatever they tell us it is; I'm still confused. Maybe I'm getting old but I just want to stick with what works.

I just get frustrated when I go on google+. I don't want to learn something new that four people are using; especially when they are the same four who check their facebook pages daily.

Re: Why I'm not jumping on the G+ train with both feet...

I love the grandma/grandkid thing -- that is totally the truth!

...and I'm not jumping the facebook train either...just not going whole hog with them...

diversify, diversify, diversify ;)