When do you get fed up for blogging for an audience?

When do you get fed up for blogging for an audience?

It is always the simple, beautiful, clean lines that get people to like my posts/ideas, but sometimes I get so bored and tired with the same old routine.  Then I post something "new" and fresh and everybody hates it.

Tell me I'm not the only one!

DO you get frustrated blogging for "others" vs yourself?  How do you balance it?

Does this blogging game suddenly have to seriously change when it becomes a business?

Re: When do you get fed up for blogging for an audience?

jenny@birdsandsoap
I don't balance it well. As soon as I feel "pressure" to blog (whether it is real or just conceived in my head) I drop off the face of the earth and lose interest in blogging. Meanwhile, my mind works in blog posts and each passing day my brain is filled with ideas for great posts that I avoid writing. Then I feel like I have a massive backlog and have to post about everything that has happened since my absence, and that is overwhelming, so I just avoid it some more.

I feel like Paul in Romans 7:15. " For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate."

Ahh, The battle goes on. And the guilt ensues. I'm trying really hard to remember that I started a blog to share my passion and interests and that it is okay to not post...unless I want to make money and be popular or whatever. Sheesh!

Sooner or later I'll get back on that horse!

Re: When do you get fed up for blogging for an audience?

I get frustrated too and then I have to take a step back, take a break  and re-group. I think about why I am doing this and where I want my blog to go.
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com

Re: When do you get fed up for blogging for an audience?

I feel like blogging is a CONSTANT balancing act. I am always, ALWAYS having to check myself. Am I investing too much time? Is it taking away from family? Do I care too much what everyone else thinks (YES)? What's the goal anyway?

And I DO think that blogging as a business changes the game a LOT. As a business, it DOES matter what "the majority" thinks. But that doesn't mean you can't blog about what you want from time to time. I think. :)

Re: When do you get fed up for blogging for an audience?

HOST-Court-Creek Line
Oh my goodness... great topic! I'm obsessed with finding balance and a routine that works for me in a really long-term sustainable way. So that helps put me into the right headspace about it all. That being said, I still don't think I've found that one formula for what the masses out there really love, so I do find I experiment quite a bit still. In fact, that's part of the routine!

Re: When do you get fed up for blogging for an audience?

omigosh Jenny -- I feel like you pulled my thoughts straight from my head...goodness....