Quantcast

What's your philosophy on TV in the bedroom?

What's your philosophy on TV in the bedroom?

Kelly@ViewAlongTheWayHOST
Are you for or against TVs in the bedroom? If you have one, is it out the open or in closed storage?

Re: What's your philosophy on TV in the bedroom?

denette
against.  It is really bad for your sleep quality.

Re: What's your philosophy on TV in the bedroom?

Barb - Turtles and Tails
I'm against. I just think if you  have one you'll (i.e. I'll) be too tempted to laze around and never get anything done.

We also don't have one in the living room. Just one in the basement (family room) and one in the computer room/office.

Re: What's your philosophy on TV in the bedroom?

HOST-Court-Creek Line
I've always always been against them, but  now that we have a bigger room, I think I might eventually go over to the dark side. Probably wouldn't be visible from the bed, just set up with a separate little seating area, just so I can watch stupid mindless shows in peace. :)

Re: What's your philosophy on TV in the bedroom?

We have two TVs in our home; one in the living room and one in the master bedroom. We're against having them in the kids' room as we would never see them. It's nice to have a second TV for when ESPN is dominating the main one and the kids want to watch a movie.

Re: What's your philosophy on TV in the bedroom?

I'm the odd ball out, I guess.
We have one in our room. We love having a place to go away from the kids and just for us.
Our kids are 9 and 14 and don't need us around constantly.
They know that they aren't allowed in our room. So, we can go in there and watch movies not appropriate for them, or just to watch something without the whole family.
But, we don't watch in bed. I mean...we don't turn it on before bed and then sit there. It's much more purposeful.

Re: What's your philosophy on TV in the bedroom?

AveNew
I moved in with my boyfriend last year. Our rules at the time were no dogs in the bed and no tv in the bedroom. We've since bought a house together and our second tv ended up in the master bedroom. We love it right now for football season so we can watch late night games in bed but I'm not sure it will be a good thing after football season. We still have nights where we both read and talk about random things but I can see falling into the routine of just turning it on. Time will tell.

Oh, and ours is out in the open. It sits on top of a chest of drawers since we don't want lots of design "fluff" in the bedroom.
Elizabeth @ Ave-New

Everyday inspirations- unique interpretations.
http://ave-new.com

Re: What's your philosophy on TV in the bedroom?

Recreate and Decorate
Yes I have one in the master, that is how I get to sleep, but the girls are not allowed to have one in their bedrooms.

Re: What's your philosophy on TV in the bedroom?

I've never had one and don't plan to.  We were the odd ball one TV only family till two years ago.  LOL.  Now I have a TV in the play room, too.

Re: What's your philosophy on TV in the bedroom?

We never used to have one and always watched in the living room.  Once in awhile we would have the kids watch pbs on the junky old tv in the basement...until it broke.  So we replaced it with one in our room and it has been pretty fabulous.  We kind of do what Janel does...watch once in awhile - adult only stuff :)

Now if only I could figure out a good solution for those AWFUL black cords hanging down the wall - DRIVES ME NUTS!