What's your favorite age/stage?

Kelly @ View Along the Way
My 2 are still little - 6 months and 2 1/2 - but I keep thinking that every stage so far is my favorite. I love snugly babies, but I also love hilarious potty-trained preschoolers. What's your favorite?

Re: What's your favorite age/stage?

Ashley @ Domestic Imperfection
Mine are little as well, 2 1/2 and 12 months. I love each stage for a different reason and couldn't pick a favorite. 18 months was terrible though, but that might have been because I was pregnant/having a baby/adjusting, or it might have been because Elijah wanted to communicate SO BAD but couldn't...and he was pissed about it all the time. So glad he's talking now, plus he says awesomely ridiculous stuff!

Re: What's your favorite age/stage?

Mine are currently 1, 4, and 5.  My favorite stage is super newborn and about 18 months.  I love tiny newborns because they (to me) seem pretty easy.  I know they wake a lot but you just feed them and they go right back to sleep, you can squeeze them and cuddle them and don't need to worry about their schedules, etc. If you have to go somewhere you just put them in a car seat or sling and carry them around.

The time between one and two is also big for me because they are still "squishy" and cuddly but start talking and are so inquisitive.  Its hard as well because of the tantrums and how busy they get with the mischief (at least for my boys) For me three is when the sass has kicked in and I could do without that...so I like the time before that.

Re: What's your favorite age/stage?

Unskinny Boppy
The first two years were SUPER hard for us, but after 2.5 he just keeps getting better and better.  The more I can reason with him, the better it gets.  I love 4, but there are times when he challenges me like nothing I've ever dealt with before.  I've got a mini-me on my hands, and we butt heads a lot.  But, he's a sweetheart most of the time.  He loves his mama. :)

Re: What's your favorite age/stage?

michelle
My three children are 6, 5, and 17 months. Generally speaking, my favorite age is also one of the craziest: the toddler stage. That being said, I once received some great words of wisdom from a dear older woman in the supermarket on just this subject. She stopped to smile at my boys (2 and 1), and chat with me. I shared with her that I often felt a little sad every time I noticed a new milestone or growth spurt. I admitted that I wanted them to stay little forever... I'll never forget her response. She said: "Don't lament their growing up. Enjoy it. Because as they grow and change, so do you. With each new phase and each new age, you are ever-changing as a parent; and the journey that you share with them is so special. You will soon find that there really is no such thing as a favorite age. Alll ages hold special meaning to you."

It's been about 4 years since I spoke with that woman, and her words still ring so true. With my oldest, I am constantly learning, adapting, and tweaking my parenting-and I get such joy out of the constant deepening of our relationship. While I may consider myself an experienced mom in areas concerning my two youngest children, whenever my 6-year old goes through a new phase, I'm starting from scratch.

Isn't parenting just awesome?!
~Michelle
Chat Leader

http://postitsfromtheplayground.com