What is your favorite lens and why?

Unskinny Boppy
My favorite is my Tamron 2.8 28-75 mm.  It's a great walking around lens that can also provide a nice low aperture.  I keep it on my camera 99% of the time, and sometimes change it out for my 1.8 50 mm.  I only use the 50mm for portraits or close up shots that don't move much.  AKA not my 4 year old. :)

Re: What is your favorite lens and why?

Melissa-The Happier Homemaker
I only have two, my 50mm which I love for stills of smaller things on my blog-and my 18-35mm which I use for everything else.  I love the bokeh I can get with the 50mm but I feel like I have to be so far from my subject that its not terribly useful in small spaces.

Re: What is your favorite lens and why?

I recently got my first DSLR and it's blowing my mind daily. I was really into photography in my early 20's before the whole world went digital and my 35mm SLR went in the closet in exchange for a point and shoot digital camera.

My early blog pics are super barfy.

I'm really excited to experience life with a good camera again. I got a Canon DSLR and my old Sigma 28-105 mm lens has been great so far. It's so versatile. I also picked up another Sigma 100-300 for nature photography and outdoors, And I got a fisheye lens for fun, so I'll see what I can do with that. I've already learned not to center your subject, unless  you are trying to make them look like Gonzo.

 However, I'm wondering about a fixed lens. It would be nice for portraiture. Somebody tell me something about that.

Re: What is your favorite lens and why?

Melissa-The Happier Homemaker
Jenny I love my 50mm fixed lens.  I'm extremely happy I bought it, its perfect for taking pictures of smaller things on my blog and makes for very nice portraits too.  I love that I can make the depth of focus very shallow for more "artsy" pics too

Re: What is your favorite lens and why?

Bree
I love my 50mm and 35mm inside and my 85mm outside. (I'm Canon).

When my third was born, I used the 50 for a lot.
Mommy to 3 and Professional Photographer
Amateur Crafter

Re: What is your favorite lens and why?

Melissa, I just received my "Nifty Fifty" in the mail today! I think it's the lens that has been missing from my arsenal. I always assumed a zoom lens is more versatile, however, I find myself fighting with my camera on what to focus because of the depth of field being so great.

I can't wait to take some pics of the hoarfrost on the tree branches tomorrow morning before the sun melts it away.