What frustrates you the most about your camera?

What frustrates you the most about your camera?

Tired of owning a nice "big-girl" camera, but you don't know how to really USE it?  What do you struggle with?  What do you wish you knew?

Re: What frustrates you the most about your camera?

Unskinny Boppy
Here is what I want to be able to do- I want to figure out how to take a photo of two people that are not ear to ear and have them be in focus with a nice bokeh background.  Is there a way to get two people standing a few feet apart to both be focused but still get bokeh?

Re: What frustrates you the most about your camera?

Melissa-The Happier Homemaker
I think you need to play with the aperture Beth until you can get them both in focus...I have a rudimentary knowledge of all this but the smaller the number the smaller the depth of focus right? So keep moving the number larger until you just get them both in focus.  Worth a try!

Re: What frustrates you the most about your camera?

How do I clean my lenses? Store them? I think there is a fuzz or something inside my 18-35mm because all my pics have the same dot on them when I use that lense.  So should I take it to a camera shop to be cleaned? Is it ruined?

Re: What frustrates you the most about your camera?

Nessa Moments
I think you can get most lens calibrated and cleaned.  I am not sure of the cost, but it seems like it could work for your problem.

Re: What frustrates you the most about your camera?

Nessa Moments
I hate that it makes me want more and moe stuff.  New lens, case, software...  on and on.  I guess that is like any other hobby.

I also hate when I pick up the camera to catch a moment and the setting are so wrong from earlier I get a white or black photo.  I need to start storing it in an auto mode - these kiddos just don't wait.

Re: What frustrates you the most about your camera?

That's a really good idea Nessa.  I don't often use the camera in auto, so I never thought of that, but it would be a good habit to get into so when I grab the thing in a heartbeat, the shot is not lost because I'm at +2.3 and everything is completely WHITE.  ARG.

How do you store your settings in auto?  I've not heard of this?

Re: What frustrates you the most about your camera?

Unskinny Boppy
Oh, wait, you mean turn it to auto before you put the camera away?

I thought you meant you could change the auto settings and store info to the camera to be set a certain way!  LOL It's late... bedtime.