What does your front door say about you?

What does your front door say about you?

AveNew
I recently decided to take on the task of making our front door make a statement about what you would see once you enter our home. As I've discussed this topic with friends and family I've been surprised at how opinionated some folks are on this subject!

What about you? What does YOUR front door say about you? Are you opposed to bold entry statements? Do you think the front door should coordinate with the colors that are inside the home? Should all front doors remain more natural colored or stained to match with outdoor elements? Weigh-in and take the poll.
What does YOUR front door look like?
Elizabeth @ Ave-New

Everyday inspirations- unique interpretations.
http://ave-new.com

Re: What does your front door say about you?

Host {Heather} Inspired
Our door is red hot (unlike me though..) I painted our house grey with black trim and white accents (windows) and then went for the brightest red paint I could find. It's smokin' (again, unlike me)!
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com

Re: What does your front door say about you?

Our is red too! I don't think it has to play with the colors you do inside your home... or at least I chose not to do it that way. :) My exterior is gray, black and red, but the interior is all cool colors. I love a bold red door! One of my favorites is this one by Erin at 110+2:

http://www.onetenplustwo.com/painted-house-reveal/

Re: What does your front door say about you?

My door says I am a nut job that is terribly unorganized.
Not too far off.
I painted it this aqua blue that was NOTHING like what I though it would be. And, I've been too lazy or unmotivated to redo it. So when you come up the drive it looks...crazy!

Re: What does your front door say about you?

My front door says I live in an old house and my neighbor's dog likes to scratch holes in the screen. Our house has a plain Jane white storm door that blocks our wood door, thereby blocking any potential of having a cool front door.

Someday, I hope to do something clever. Until then, it looks like junk. But I did paint the cute aluminum awnings a purport wine color, that's where the character comes in!

Re: What does your front door say about you?

jenny@birdsandsoap
"Purport" is my favorite color. Dang you kindle! I meant purple-y.

Re: What does your front door say about you?

miznelliebellie
got to love auto correct ? I was so confused as to what purport was!

Re: What does your front door say about you?

I love that the poll seems like it is stuck on BOLD...us bloggers....

Re: What does your front door say about you?

Shannon at Fox Hollow Cottage
Go away? lol.

My front door is black.
I love it though. It's pretty perfect for my little house.
The body is coco, the trim bright white and the doors and shutters are black.

Crazy isn't always bad @miznelliebellie! Hahaha... Do you have pics on your blog? I'll have to check it out.

http://ave-new.com

Re: What does your front door say about you?

AveNew
Shannon, Black front doors are tricky but when they are done right they are hard to beat! I bet your is beautiful- sounds very inviting from your description!!!

Elizabeth @ Ave-New

Everyday inspirations- unique interpretations.
http://ave-new.com

Re: What does your front door say about you?

julie524
My front door shows that I live in an apartment where I have no control over things. lol It's chocolate brown and needs to be repainted. Badly.