What color scheme are you going to decorate your Christmas tree this year?

What color scheme are you going to decorate your Christmas tree this year?

Host: Setting for Four
I'm decorating our main tree Red again this year - I just have to have red somewhere in my home for Christmas, to me it 'is' Christmas!  I am looking for an inexpensive second tree this year to do in blues/aquas too....I have a bit of a Christmas obsession!

Re: What color scheme are you going to decorate your Christmas tree this year?

jenny@birdsandsoap
I have two trees. The first is an old aluminum tree that belonged to  my Grandma. I love it. I have so many fond memories of Christmases past when I see it.  I decorate it with a snowflake/star theme. It stays neutral in color with white, antique gold, and silver. Lots of metallics, mirror, and glass though to make it sparkle with a touch of red to make it pop.

And for our large tree, I do retro inspired colors, Red, green, aqua, pink, and silver. And birds. I love birds. I started using floral pics in my trees a few years back and love how it looks. I like glittery chartreuse mixed in with the pine branches.

It's getting tricky now because my children want to "help" and it totally messes with my scheme.  Yes, I like the ornaments they make, but it takes everything in me not to relegate them to a wreath or something. I will just suck it up and enjoy the giant sheets of construction paper on my tree for now.

My girls have a pink tree in their room too. Lots of glitter on that one... hmm, maybe their ornaments would look better in their room....

Re: What color scheme are you going to decorate your Christmas tree this year?

Host: Setting for Four
Your trees sound gorgeous Jenny!  I love the thought of having one in neutrals and another in  'colors'....I bought little table top trees for my boys when they were really little and they put them in their rooms every year...that's wear their handmade ornaments went and it looks so cute in their rooms...for our main tree I decorated in more adult looking ornaments but it was still a boys tree, I had tons of nutcracker men in lots of sizes and a tree train!  The train sat on  a track on the tree and 'smoke' would come out of it as it moved! It was so cute, it had a little bell and everything!  I also had lots of santas and candy canes on it.  I tried to redecorate the tree two years ago as my boys have gotten older, but they heavily protested...they still love to see our traditional ornaments on it each year.  I am slowly phasing some of them out, but I always buy ornaments on sale or make them myself!  You will have so much fun decorating your trees this Christmas!

Re: What color scheme are you going to decorate your Christmas tree this year?

AveNew
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas. I have always had a thing for blue Christmas. As a kid we always had blue lights to decorate the outside of our house so it’s sentimental for me. I use silver and turquoise to add interest too. Last year while I was taking a Christmas craft class I decided to add what I call Grinch Green to the mix. So perfect! So that is my main tree and decor but I still have a second tree with all the ornaments from my childhood.
Elizabeth @ Ave-New

Everyday inspirations- unique interpretations.
http://ave-new.com

Re: What color scheme are you going to decorate your Christmas tree this year?

Recreate and Decorate
Yes I have to have red, since my family room is turquoise and green, I am gonna use some red to mix it up!  Gotta have red, always!!!

Elizabeth I love using blue at Christmas!  I just posted a pretty blue DIY Ombre ornament here using paint chips too!  http://www.settingforfour.com/2012/11/diy-ombre-christmas-ornament.html
Using silver is a great combination!  Your space is going to look gorgeous for the holidays!

Re: What color scheme are you going to decorate your Christmas tree this year?

Host: Setting for Four
Red is such a powerful color at Christmas!  Something about it with the white color of snow is just so beautiful!