What can I do with this frame?

brookee
I picked up a couple of these frames for a project idea I have....

http://www.michaels.com/Ready-to-Finish-4%22x6%22-Wood-Oval-Frame/gc2349,default,pd.html

I will be framing child's artwork with them, but realize, hello....they do not have glass.  I would like to protect the artwork from dust or any other damage.  Any ideas?

Re: What can I do with this frame?

Host - Morena
I bought that exact frame!  I thought I might be able to find glass at the dollar store, but it is an odd shape.

I ended up saving plastic product packaging and cutting it to fit (I used the plastic cover from a Halloween make up kit).  I painted it to make it look like a mirror, but it's clear enough to work with art work.  Two other options might be to laminate the art work or cover it with clear contact paper.

Good luck!

Re: What can I do with this frame?

What about a heavy plastic? I was thinking about the kind like you make storm windows with, like a  vinyl or is it called mylar???
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com