Quantcast

Uses for wine bottles?

Kelly@ViewAlongTheWayHOST
I hate getting rid of wine bottles. It seems like there has to be some brilliant DIY use for them. Any ideas?

Re: Uses for wine bottles?

jenny@birdsandsoap
Have you seen the cool votives you can make using a glass cutter to remove the bottom? I love these and they look beautiful en masse.

http://pinterest.com/pin/198721402279150125/

http://pinterest.com/pin/198721402279150128/

Re: Uses for wine bottles?

Refill them! Do you have U-brews? I used to own a winemaking shop and we brewed wine for customers, it was fun! I couldn't think of any other use for empty wine bottles!
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com

Re: Uses for wine bottles?

HOST-Court-Creek Line
I love when they use them as candle holders in little old Italian restaurants. You know with the tapers stuck in the top and the wax all dripping down and stuff? I think that would be so neat outside on a picnic table or something casual like that.

Re: Uses for wine bottles?

Barb - Turtles and Tails
This is what I did with mine:

Photo  Bottles

You wouldn't want to do hundreds of them, but it's fun for a few.

Check out this table I found while googling:

wine bottle table

and this chandelier:

wine bottle chandelier

Re: Uses for wine bottles?

I just saw this Kelly and thought of you:

Basically it's just cutting the bottoms off the bottles, I think.
It's from here: http://www.napastyle.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=4372&parentCategoryId=519&categoryId=910&subCategoryId=910
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com
rea

Re: Uses for wine bottles?

rea
i turned them into rope vases, super easy!  i got the idea from pottery barn...

here's the link of my diy:rope vase if you want to take a look at it...
http://homefor4sweethome.blogspot.com/2012/10/diy-rope-vases.html

Re: Uses for wine bottles?

Missperson
i get such one from surfing online,
just for suggestion
I'm a simple person who loves handmade items and also love to do them by myself. Here, i wanna to make friends with more people and share funny things with them.