Quantcast

To Correct or Not To Correct

Dee

To Correct or Not To Correct

Dee
What is your take on making spelling correction suggestions to bloggers? I have noticed, quite frequently, that many of the *big time* bloggers I follow have trouble with homophones (they're, their, there or hear, here) and it really sticks out to me (spell check won't identify these errors).

As a blogger would you want to be told (nicely, privately) or would you take offense to the correction?

Re: To Correct or Not To Correct

Host {Heather} Inspired
Good question! I would say something because I would want someone to say something to me (so then I could correct it before more people saw it). Have you decided what to do?
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com

Re: To Correct or Not To Correct

I don't.  As a former teacher those errors drive me nuts!  But as a mom who blogs late at night I know it can be easy to slip up.  I'm not one to "rock the boat" so I'd only say something if it's a really good friend who I know would take it as help and not criticism.