Tiger or Helicopter

Re: Tiger or Helicopter

Host {Heather} Inspired
Oh yes I am a helicopter mom - I work on them everyday. Oh and airplanes too.
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com

Re: Tiger or Helicopter

I am an admitted helicopter mama...with a dash of Tiger.  I've definitely chilled out a bit now that I'm  on the third kid but I had to have a serious consult with my husband before I'd agree to let my 5 year old go on a school field trip and ride a bus for the first time (which he is SO stoked about!) Its hard to trust my  precious babies in the hands of others...its fear that makes me hover.  Its also one of the reasons I NEVER get time alone-I rarely use sitters because I feel like it's so much of my heart and so much responsibility to leave with someone.

Re: Tiger or Helicopter

Re: Tiger or Helicopter

I am TOTALLY with you on the sitter thing.  I feel like I don't enjoy time out the way I should because I'm so nervous about what s going on at home.  I love leaving them with the grandmother's though because I know they will be even more vigilant than I am :)

Re: Tiger or Helicopter

Melissa-The Happier Homemaker
Yeah, we live about 3.5 hours from my Dad and stepmom and I will leave my boys with them-they take care of them but they also stuff them full of junk food so I'm usually dealing with tummy issues once I pick them up! Small price to pay for a night with my hubby!!

Re: Tiger or Helicopter

YES melissa!!!  It is always the MILK with us.  They get sooooooo much of it I don't even want to tell you about the back end - UGH.

Re: Tiger or Helicopter

I asked my 14 year old. She says I'm like a Koala.
Cause I'm fuzzy.
Or a lion.
Because I'm scary.
Rarrr!

Re: Tiger or Helicopter

Unskinny Boppy
I'm somewhere in the middle.  I try not to helicopter very much but I probably am a little more overprotective than I should be.  What is a tiger mom?  I don't think I'm that?  I'm strict on him, but I know when to pick my battles and back off when things aren't worth the fight.

Re: Tiger or Helicopter

Nessa Moments
I am a mix.  I hoover when there is a potential for broken bones or injuries to other littler kids (my daughter can be a huger defender of her personal space).  But the rest of the time I am a Tiger.  Let her figure things out.

I ask "What is the worst case scenario?"  If it is probably less than an ER visit - I usually let it go.  Having another infant pushes things in that direction anyway.

Re: Tiger or Helicopter

Hi Nessa!!

So glad you are here!! :)

I am TOTALLY with you.  I am so helicopter when it comes to safety and I drive my husband batty when the kids are on the trampoline or swinging from trees or climbing on the roof (true story...).

....but I am SO tiger when it comes to stupid societal pressures that are put on parents...like don't leave your kiddo in the car for 10 seconds while I run the other kid into school on a rainy cold October day.  I mean really?  Is the street not more dangerous than hanging out in the car for a sec???  That type of stuff drives me NUTS.