Quantcast

The next DIY trend

Host {Heather} Inspired
Do you ever think about what the next DIY trend is going to be? Have you done any of them yourself?? I've done the drop-cloth drapes, board and batten and now the chalkboard art to name a few. What about you? What do you think will be the new hot trend for bloggers to DIY??
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com

Re: The next DIY trend

So hard to guess!  I try to stay away from them once trends have started...HOWEVER chalkboard art and mason jar snowglobes have captured my heart, sooooo

I always look to Anthropologie for trends, so I'm going to say stacking rescued fireplace facades to kingdom come is the next to be imitated :)

http://followgram.me/i/361766937627403053_192049295

...and I think solid perfume is on its way back into popular culture :)

OH and you heard it hear first -- that deep red, maroon, purple color that was bg in the late 80's early 90's...almosst wine, but not quite?  The older sister of mauve?  Yeah -- I think that is the next color to be recycled into a trend because it is SO UGLY.  :)

Re: The next DIY trend

Anything made from pallets!

Re: The next DIY trend

Lori
Oh Amy, the deep red plum color you speak of, is what my current young hip client {fresh out of college} wants for her French provincial side step tables she just picked up!!  So you might just be right on that prediction!! :)

I too love grabbing inspiration from Anthropologie!!

Re: The next DIY trend

I totally agree with you Amy! If the Pantone color of the year is Emerald green, we better brace ourselves for a return to jewel tones. Say goodbye to light airiness; everything is getting draped in purple!

with lots of wallpaper.

teal carpet.

and gold accents.

What if carpet makes a comeback? I would die.

Re: The next DIY trend

AveNew
You are SO RIGHT about the jewel tones. Amethist, Emerald, and Sapphire have had BIG results when I've requested feedback on items.
Elizabeth @ Ave-New

Everyday inspirations- unique interpretations.
http://ave-new.com

Re: The next DIY trend

jenny@birdsandsoap
Jewel tones make me think of my childhood and "Color Me Badd" music videos. Boyz II Men with their colorful suits.
If the eighties are back in fashion, it is only logical that the '90's are up next.

....I need to go dig out my purple and gold Hammer pants.

Re: The next DIY trend

I saw this on Pinterest and thought of current trends...

Would you do that?? I once painted my car (it was a little Honda Civic) in black and white checkers and I LOVED it but then I wrecked it.

Anyhoo......
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com

Re: The next DIY trend

oh noooooooooooooooooooo - say it AIN'T SO!  Not the 90's?!?  NOOOOOOOOOO.

That car though?  BRILLIANT.  I love it Heather!