Quantcast

Thanksgiving Favorites

Host:  Mary Beth ~ C & C
What are you favorite go to recipes for Thanksgiving or something you look forward to eating every year?  Anything unique or out of the ordinary you prepare?
Mary Beth @ Cupcakes and Crinoline
http://cupcakesandcrinoline.com/

Re: Thanksgiving Favorites

jenny@birdsandsoap
Sweet Potato Pie!

We've had a the BEST family recipe  that I've enjoyed since childhood, It came from my Aunt, and when I went to make it one year for my own family, I was googling variations and found the EXACT same recipe...turns out it is from Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Never heard of it till then, but I know they have the best sweet potato pie in the world (and funny grammar to their name, what's "Ruth's Chris?" I don't get it.)

http://www.grouprecipes.com/82254/ruths-chris-sweet-potato-casserole.html

(I've never used the eggs in the original recipe, though)

Re: Thanksgiving Favorites

jenny@birdsandsoap
Ahh!  Mystery solved, I love the internet!

 In case anyone else is wondering.:

The chain was founded by the late Ruth Fertel, a single mother of two, in 1965, after she bought the existing Chris Steak House in New Orleans. In buying the restaurant, Fertel had to agree that the restaurant keep the "Chris" name for a specified period of time. After the original location sustained a kitchen fire, she relocated the restaurant about one-half mile to the west on Broad Street and renamed the rebuilt establishment "Ruth's Chris." Under the purchase agreement, the name "Chris Steak House" could not be used at any other location, and she did not want to lose customers already familiar with the Chris name. Fertel started to franchise the restaurant in the 1970s to locations throughout the United States and throughout the world.

I can sleep tonight, haha.
http://www.grouprecipes.com/82254/ruths-chris-sweet-potato-casserole.html

Re: Thanksgiving Favorites

Host:  Mary Beth ~ C & C
Great detective work and the recipe sounds delicious!  I may give it a whirl this holiday season.  : )
Mary Beth @ Cupcakes and Crinoline
http://cupcakesandcrinoline.com/

Re: Thanksgiving Favorites

My cranberry relish: fresh cranberries, orange juice and a sprinkle of sugar. Mix it all together - yum!
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com