Quantcast

Technique Tuesday: Mod Podge!

Host - Morena
Let's talk about Mod Podge!

Any tips or techniques to share?

Any questions you have about how to use it?  Problems you've run into that you don't know how to fix?

If you have never used it, why not?

Re: Technique Tuesday: Mod Podge!

Host {Heather} Inspired
Oh I've only used Mod Podge once and that was on the bottom of a tray. It didn't turn out very good and I haven't used it since!  Sorry, not much of a help am I?
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com

Re: Technique Tuesday: Mod Podge!

Host - Morena
Awww, I'm srry it didn't work out!

Re: Technique Tuesday: Mod Podge!

Karah @ the space between
I almost feel like not a real crafter for saying this, but I've never used Mod Podge.  #hangingheadinshame

I host the FORUM at the space between

Re: Technique Tuesday: Mod Podge!

denette
I have only used it a little.  I made some chalkboards out of cabinet doors.  On one I mod podged sheet music to the frame and another used coffee bean scrap book paper onto a frame for a coffee themed room.  I used matte but have some gloss that I haven't used yet.  Got them both free at the re-use center.  :)  I have some wooden coasters and box that I am debating mod podging scrap paper or doing mosaic.

Re: Technique Tuesday: Mod Podge!

HOST ~ Jessica @ Mom4Real
Mod Podge is actually pretty easy to use, it just takes a little patience the first time.  My advice is start with something flat, like a picture frame.  Don't go overboard with it.  Work with thin coats and use an old gift card to help smooth out your paper/fabric.  Make sure to let it dry before applying a top coat.  I'll post a few links to some Mod Podge posts I have done so you can see...they are step by step tutorials. Please let me know if I can help in any way!

http://www.mom4real.com/2012/03/diy-drink-coasters-w-mod-podge.html

http://www.mom4real.com/2012/02/diy-iphone-case-w-modge-podge.html

http://www.mom4real.com/2012/09/trick-or-treat-bucket-with-mod-podge.html

Re: Technique Tuesday: Mod Podge!

Shannon at Fox Hollow Cottage
Super helpful. I'll remember this so one day... I can try MP :) lol. I'm such a craft dork.