Quantcast

TIPS and TRICKS for the FORUM

Have you found any tricks that work well for following along in the forum?  Do you keep refreshing to see new posts or do you go back to the home page each time?

Are you tweeting directly from posted questions to reel in other chatters?

What questions do you have?

Re: TIPS and TRICKS for the FORUM

Host {Heather} Inspired
No tricks just yet but I do have a question: is there an easy way to know when someone has replied to something you've posted? I see down below there is a box to tick "alert me by email when someone posts to this thread", is that it?
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com

Re: TIPS and TRICKS for the FORUM

If you click "topics view" you can see who has posted last and reply back to them instead of searching for the latest post.

I'm not sure if there is a way to see if someone replies directly to you beyond the email alert.  I will try to figure it out...

Ok, thanks!
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com

Re: TIPS and TRICKS for the FORUM

How do you tweet a question? Is there a way to do it after you posted the question or do you have to do it when you originally write it?

Re: TIPS and TRICKS for the FORUM

You can do it after posting Kelly.  When you post a new topic, right above the title there are tweet, G+, fbook buttons and you can share straight from there.  It will pick up the individual questions for ya!

Heather -- got to figure that out for easy reading!!

Re: TIPS and TRICKS for the FORUM

Oo it looks different here - we can add links and insert images and smiley faces too!
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com

Re: TIPS and TRICKS for the FORUM

Kelly@ViewAlongTheWayHOST
I just realized that if you subscribe to a thread via email, not only do you get all the new replies in your email inbox, but you can also REPLY to those responses through email and it will automatically post your reply to the thread. So easy!

Great tip Kelly, saves going though and searching for whatever it was that you were wondering about!
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com

Re: TIPS and TRICKS for the FORUM

denette
When you do the reply from your email, do you actually use the reply button on your email, as though you are sending an actual email?  When you do this, is just your reply showing up on the forum or some extra stuff?  I tried it one time and extra things showed up so not sure about this method.

Re: TIPS and TRICKS for the FORUM

Nikki
What's the easiest way to access The Forum via iphone? Just the browser? I'm often up late breastfeeding and would love to jump on here and read.

Re: TIPS and TRICKS for the FORUM

Host - Morena
I do a lot of browsing while nursing, too.  :) i don't have an iphone but I have an ipad.  I use my browser to catch up on the forum.

Re: TIPS and TRICKS for the FORUM

In the upper right corner click on your name to get a pull down menu.  Click on "my posts".  It will show replies to threads you've posted on, and you can click on them to go to the post.

Re: TIPS and TRICKS for the FORUM

Jessica-Host-Mom 4 Real
If you area accessing the forum via one of the hosts, blogs, you probably need to go to the bottom of the page and click View Web Version, then the tabs to connect to the forum via menu bar or side bar should show up.  Most blogs show up in a different format on iPhones and iPads.   Not sure if that answers your question, please let me know if I can help in any other way :)

Re: TIPS and TRICKS for the FORUM

Nikki
I just bookmarked the main page on my iphone browser... that way I can easily come visit :)