So today my son asks "SO Mommy, what if you just stop taking care of us..."

So today my son asks "SO Mommy, what if you just stop taking care of us..."

In the midst of a conversation about freelancing and working part time vs. working full time (like Daddy) and where all the money comes from and who pays for what and howmanyquestionscanthiekidASK....

My 6 year old turns to me and says...

"So your first job is taking care of us right?"

"yes"

"SO, what if you just stopped taking care of us.  Like you put dinner out for us, but that's it...." (with a twinkle in his eye...)

"well, that wouldn't be very nice, would it?"

"well, no I guess not, but then we could not hurry and not brush our teeth and we could just kind of do what we want...."

AH, motherhood.

Re: So today my son asks "SO Mommy, what if you just stop taking care of us..."

Kelly@ViewAlongTheWayHOST
Ha! He has a point. Mothering is not where the money's at! :)