Quantcast

Silhouette

Nikki
Does anyone have a Silhouette? I don't know why, but I am so afraid to do any projects! So far I've only used it for a vinyl stencil and cutting out paper/cardstock. I would love to do a real vinyl project. Anyone have any good tutorials to share?

Re: Silhouette

Host:  Mary Beth ~ C & C
I have a Cricut but I know what you mean...I'm always afraid to actually do anything with it!
Mary Beth @ Cupcakes and Crinoline
http://cupcakesandcrinoline.com/

Re: Silhouette

I don't have one. I have a cricut and it still scares me. Sorry, no help.

Re: Silhouette

I loooove my silhouette and use it a lot!  I have several tutorials on my blog...what type of project are you looking for?  Have you seen the Silhouette blog?  They have a lt of great step by step tutorials that I referred to quite a bit when starting out.

Re: Silhouette

Nikki
I would love to do a cute sign for my house. I'm not ready for heat transfer vinyl or anything on clothes. What's your site? I'd love to check out your stuff.

Re: Silhouette

Host - Morena
Hi Nikki,

The heat transfer vinyl is a PITA in my opinion  so I use my regular vinyl to decorate clothing (make a mask and use fabric paint).  Here's a fun bib you might like:  http://www.morenascorner.com/2012/01/diy-funny-baby-bib.html

And here's an easy baby shirt: http://www.morenascorner.com/2012/08/easy-diy-painted-baby-shirt.html

But I have a LOT of other silhouette projects on my blog:  www.morenascorner.com. Click on my tutorials tab for quick browsing.

Feel free to post questions!  I'd love to help.  :)