Ready Made Drapes or Make Yourself?

Host: Setting for Four
Where do you go to purchase ready made drapes?  Or do you sew them/make yourself?  I need new drapes for my living room, dining room and kitchen sliding glass doors!  Please submit your suggestions as to how I can do this without spending crazy amounts of cashola!  I can sew a basic drape....my style is classic meets contemporary.  Thanks for your help!

Re: Ready Made Drapes or Make Yourself?

When I need cheap drapes, I pick up clearance linen tablecloths from Target and hang them with curtain hooks (from a branch if I need to be REALLY cheap).  They work perfectly for decorative drapes.  Light blocking?  Not so much...

I pick up the thick light blocking ones in my colors whenever I see them 75% at target (or at the GOodwill where they send cast-off Target stuff) and then save them until I need them.  I usually have a pair or two that are new and waiting in the linen closet.  If I never use them, they get recycled as....

...wait for it...

...tablecloths.

Re: Ready Made Drapes or Make Yourself?

Host: Setting for Four
Great ideas!  Love!  Thanks Amy!!

 Have a great day!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heather, Setting for Four

http://www.settingforfour.com
Facebook Twitter Blog RSS Google Plus Page pinterest StumbleUpon
Twitter From Faux to Show... | Cynthia Weber Interior DecoratorCynthia Weber Interior Decorator http://t.co/C9qrJsJl Follow @SettingforFour Reply <a target="_blank" href="http://twitter.com/?status=RT @SettingforFour: From Faux to Show... | Cynthia Weber Interior DecoratorCynthia Weber Interior Decorator http://t.co/C9qrJsJl" style="font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10px;color:#444444;border-bottom:0px none #444444;border-left:0px none #444444;border-right:0px none #444444;border-top:0px none #444444;padding:0px 5px 0px 0px;outline:#444444 none 0px">Retweet 10:02 Nov-30
  Get this email app!
Latest post: I've got a big surprise on my blog today! A professional decorator is guesting today and sharing her stylish holiday decorating tips as well as a DIY Peacock Feather wre...
  Like · Comment · Share Setting for Four page on Facebook     Like

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 10:04 AM, HOST Amy Renea [via THE FORUM] <[hidden email]> wrote:
When I need cheap drapes, I pick up clearance linen tablecloths from Target and hang them with curtain hooks (from a branch if I need to be REALLY cheap).  They work perfectly for decorative drapes.  Light blocking?  Not so much...

I pick up the thick light blocking ones in my colors whenever I see them 75% at target (or at the GOodwill where they send cast-off Target stuff) and then save them until I need them.  I usually have a pair or two that are new and waiting in the linen closet.  If I never use them, they get recycled as....

...wait for it...

...tablecloths.

http://the-forum.3081.n7.nabble.com/Ready-Made-Drapes-or-Make-Yourself-tp1110p1113.html
To unsubscribe from Ready Made Drapes or Make Yourself?, click here.
NAML

--
Have a great Day!

Heather
Click to Visit!

Re: Ready Made Drapes or Make Yourself?

We have a Home Fabrics store in my valley, and I always wait for their spring sale to get decorator fabric from $1-3/yard. It's so cheap, and I can get nice material for drapes and they usually have something I fancy. We only have two really large windows in our house, so I will usually buy the 54" width and cut it down the middle to get two panels. Since they just frame the window and aren't really used for privacy, I can get a little to go a long way.

Re: Ready Made Drapes or Make Yourself?

Host: Setting for Four
Thanks so much for your help everyone!

Re: Ready Made Drapes or Make Yourself?

jenny@birdsandsoap
I love your signature, Heather! So informative, I just made one.

Re: Ready Made Drapes or Make Yourself?

Anna's Linens has good sales for ready made, but sometimes their stuff seems outdated.

I needed 6 panels that were 11 feet long for our new house.  They'd have to be custom made. $$$$. So for now I used a coupon at JoAnn's and bought a sheer fabric.  Instead of sewing I singed the edges with a flame.  Quick and inexpensive.  Later I'll add better curtains, but for now these look nice and were economical!

Re: Ready Made Drapes or Make Yourself?

AveNew
Tablecloths are one of the things I recommend when you're tight on your budget. Another option might be to check out what kind of shower curtains you can find. They aren't the right size for every window but you might be surprised at the affordability and the design of some of those options!

My favorite place to find cast-offs is Tuesday Morning or Home Goods. If you see it you gotta buy it though. There will be no "I'll sleep on it" cause it's bound to be gone by then.
Elizabeth @ Ave-New

Everyday inspirations- unique interpretations.
http://ave-new.com

Re: Ready Made Drapes or Make Yourself?

Host: Setting for Four
Great idea - I never thought of shower curtains!  I know what you mean too - if I wait it's gone!  Thanks for your help!

 Have a great day!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heather, Setting for Four

http://www.settingforfour.com
Facebook Twitter Blog RSS Google Plus Page pinterest StumbleUpon
Twitter Latest tweet: Want to learn how to make a DIY Ombre Christmas Ornament? I'll be live on air on Google plus to show you how, tomorrow Dec 3 at 11 am... Follow @SettingforFour Reply <a target="_blank" href="http://twitter.com/?status=RT @SettingforFour: Want to learn how to make a DIY Ombre Christmas Ornament? I&#39;ll be live on air on Google plus to show you how, tomorrow Dec 3 at 11 am..." style="font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10px;text-decoration:none;color:#808080;border-bottom:0px none #808080;border-left:0px none #808080;border-right:0px none #808080;border-top:0px none #808080;padding:0px 5px 0px 0px;outline:#808080 none 0px">Retweet 22:25 Dec-02
  Get this email app!
Latest post: Link up to It's Party Time - share your fabulous crafts, diy's and recipes here! http://www.settingforfour.com/2012/12/its-party-time-12-02-2012_2.html

http://the-forum.3081.n7.nabble.com/Ready-Made-Drapes-or-Make-Yourself-tp1110p1153.html
To unsubscribe from Ready Made Drapes or Make Yourself?, click here.
NAML

--
Have a great Day!

Heather
Click to Visit!

Re: Ready Made Drapes or Make Yourself?

peterson
I have also recently buy curtains for my home from a online site. Even they have also deliver it to my home absolutely free. I think its a great source for buying curtain.
Get the best made to measure curtains online | curtains made to measure