Raise your hand if you want your blog to make money!

Raise your hand if you want your blog to make money!

Are you on track to make money from your blog?  Are you already bringing in an income? ...or are you writing for yourself?  Writing to get other gigs?  Why do you blog?
I blog because...
You can select up to 10 options.

Re: Raise your hand if you want your blog to make money!

AveNew
I would love the opportunity to make some money from blogging. I've learned that I'm really enjoying it and I spend so much time on it that it would be nice to earn even some all coin for it.

I have to admit that ideally I'd love to make enough to make it a part time job and then follow some of my other interests as part time work too.

At my current job I'm severely under utilized because when the economy dipped and I lost my job I finally just took what I could get after 4 months without income. Blogging has allowed me to maintain some creativity and know what I want to keep as long term goals professionally.

And no- I'm currently not making a penny off my site. I don't even know how to start!
Elizabeth @ Ave-New

Everyday inspirations- unique interpretations.
http://ave-new.com
Dee

Re: Raise your hand if you want your blog to make money!

Dee
I personally design first & blog second so if my blogging brings more design clients/opportunities then yes, I want to utilize it as a mode for money making. I won't, however, bog down my site with advertising to bring in cash. I also won't test out products that I don't already use/wouldn't willingly purchase for profit.

When I come across blog sites like this- regardless of their content, writing, wit, etc. - I immediately back out and move on.

Re: Raise your hand if you want your blog to make money!

Jen - Girl in the Garage
I would like to make some money from blogging but I'm not even close yet.
Ultimately one of the main reasons I started blogging this year was because I had lost a sense of who I was and what my passions were.  This has been a life-changing year for me- I left my career in banking management to stay home with my 2 and 3 year old boys in April.  I had been worked to death and got nothing in return and I was missing out on being the mom I wanted to be.  My life seems so much more fulfilled since then, and I did find that I had some extra time when the boys were sleeping to do other things.  For a little while I got caught up in Dr. Phil and the Nate Berkus show, lol.  Ultimately I realized that I wanted to "be myself" again after so many years of taking care of babies and slaving away in corporate America.  I also joined Pinterest and started seeing of the awesome furniture makeovers out there, and that's how I found a few blogs like Domestic Imperfection and Better After.    I'm glad to say that I really enjoy the projects I'm doing and I definitely feel like I'm doing what makes me happy!    (Mommy 1st, DIY blogger 2nd)

Re: Raise your hand if you want your blog to make money!

Haha!  Jen - I hear you!  I knew when I started watching Judge Judy something needed to CHANGE!  Blogging has been a great outlet for me during naptime too :)

Re: Raise your hand if you want your blog to make money!

Ha! You know when your husband comes home and asks what E.J. and Stefano have been plotting (because that is the highlight of yesterday's news), it's time to get a new hobby!