Potty Training - HELP I'm drowning!!!

I'm currently training the last of three boys and I am SO ready to be done with potty training.  This chart is helping us, but I still feel like it is taking forever.

http://www.anestforallseasons.com/2012/10/im-smiling-because-its-potty-time.html

Help!  help help help!

Re: Potty Training - HELP I'm drowning!!!

HOST-Court-Creek Line
I'm no help to ya, Amy, but I have to tell you my shameful potty training story. My daughter's 7 now, so she's long potty trained, but not by me! I was working crazy long hours at the time and we had her in a great pre-school from the time she was 10 months old. They pretty much did everything. Like, they sent her home potty trained to us one day when she was about 2. I don't even think I would know where to start if I had to do it on my own (without trained professional baby wranglers), so I'm always impressed by parents who can do it. I guess everyone figures it out eventually! Stay strong! You're almost there!

Re: Potty Training - HELP I'm drowning!!!

OMIGOSH THAT WOULD BE WONDERFUL!  I keep hoping one time after visiting with one of the grandmas he will just magically be trained :)

Can I also just say that every time (EVERY TIME) I look at your picture with that goofy look on your face, it totally makes me smile :)

Re: Potty Training - HELP I'm drowning!!!

Wait you can just send your children away to be potty trained during the day? Brilliant!  :) I have no advice to offer except not to rush it if they're not ready yet!

Re: Potty Training - HELP I'm drowning!!!

HOST: NellieBellie
I love the title on this thread :) potty training...i'm drowning. Yes please!
I agree...don't rush it. It'll happen. With my boy I was lucky enough to potty train in the summer. I let him run around naked for most of the day. It worked like a charm. Scared the bears in the neighborhood.

Re: Potty Training - HELP I'm drowning!!!

Ohmygoodness this is a sore subject for me.  I have three boys like Amy and it has been HORRIBLE with my first two.  Like Melissa in tears in the laundry room literally crying over pee laundry.  Like poo handprints down my brand new painted walls.  HORRIBLE.

Now that I've over-shared that.  I have already gotten my little potty out for my 14 month old son.  I feel like I waited too long with both older boys because we moved once a year and I was putting it off until after the move right around when I should have started for both of them.  Not making that mistake this time.  Getting to this last one before he hits the "No" stage!

Re: Potty Training - HELP I'm drowning!!!

Nessa Moments
I have no sage advice - other than it took us a long time.  A long time.  She started asking to sit on the potty last Christmas and she really went.  I thought "Oh my goodness this is going to be so easy!!"  Ha, wrong.

Now she is good all but naps and bedtime.  We still have to ask and make her go sometimes.  There are still accidents.  Oh thing my mom said... y the time you send her to school, she will be potty trained - or at least the teacher will have to mop the floor.

Re: Potty Training - HELP I'm drowning!!!

Shannon at Fox Hollow Cottage
When I potty trained my son, we did a diaper count down until all the diapers were gone. Diapers and undies were side by side in the dresser drawers. Until only big boy undies were left in the drawer. It's worked, soooo well. Then, we did pull ups for night time, same way. When he got the last pull up from the drawer. It's like he knew, there were no more. They were "all gone". This visual way worked really well with so many things. He only had one or two accidents after that and we were done.

I hope this helps.

Re: Potty Training - HELP I'm drowning!!!

Bree
We just are finishing up with my son who is about to turn 3. He decided he wanted to try about 2 days before our CO to TX move and I refused him then. Then about 2 days before my 3rd was born, he took of his pants, peed in the toilet and THEN showed me. I was all WHAT?! NO!!! b/c I just figured he'd regress as soon as the baby came, but he persevered like he knew it was time to not be the baby anymore sniff sniff. It took him longer to "get" everything and he occasionally pees or poops in the yard (sorry, neighbors!), but better than in the underwear.

Patience helps too!!! Inside I freaked out, but to both my kids who have gone through it I kind of acted like, this is what we do, it's no big deal (though they got lots of praise when they did go).
Mommy to 3 and Professional Photographer
Amateur Crafter

Re: Potty Training - HELP I'm drowning!!!

Melissa-The Happier Homemaker
Bree I'm so jealous! My 2nd son would randomly use the potty at 1 when I was training his older brother who was 2.5 at the time...but I didn't take it seriously and he stopped doing it.  Now I have my one year old sitting on the potty as much as I can...

Re: Potty Training - HELP I'm drowning!!!

Jen - Girl in the Garage
I've been working on training my 3.5 year old for SEVEN months (right after I quit my job to stay home with the boys).  Some days are great and other days.. awful.   He has a 2.5 year old brother who I haven't started training yet, but will soon.   I don't know if my older one sees me changing diapers for the younger one and assumes its ok for him too?  I get so tired of reminding/yelling at him...  (sigh)    And I'm way too uptight to let him run around the house or anywhere else naked...   =p