Quantcast

Lighting "flat" - Help?

Kelly@ViewAlongTheWayHOST
I just submitted a photo to craftgawker, which is a website that features crafts. They're pretty strict about making sure the photos look super professional. My most recent submission was declined and the reason given is: "Lighting is a little flat - adjust levels."

Um, what? I know how to adjust the levels in photoshop, but I'm not really clear on what they want me to adjust the levels to DO, exactly.  How is it supposed to look? Any tips? :)

Re: Lighting "flat" - Help?

It means that the shadows and highlights don't have enough contrast between them -- there isn't enough depth.  Try going to "levels" and adjusting the sliders towards the middle to create contrast.  Also, try playing around the the "brightness and contrast" and "curves" feature until the photo looks better!

Hope that helps a little bit - craftgawker can be a BEAR! ;)