Quantcast

Is pinterest helping or hindering your creativity?

Is pinterest helping or hindering your creativity?

HOST: NellieBellie
With the new craze of Pinterest in mind. Do you find that looking at other's projects in mass helps or hinders your creativity? Is it improving your creativity or shutting it off? Or somewhere in between? Thoughts?

Re: Is pinterest helping or hindering your creativity?

Ashley @ Domestic Imperfection
I very rarely use pinterest for inspiration because it is kinda overwhelming. When I'm doing a project I usually already have a picture of the finished product in my brain, so pinterest isn't necessary for that. However, if I get stuck or things aren't going the way I hoped I turn to pinterest and it always helps me out!

Re: Is pinterest helping or hindering your creativity?

It helps when I am looking for something specific -- like a recipe for agave chocolate bars or something.  If I just hop hop hop to everything that everybody is pinning, I just feel sad.

It isn't possible to make EVERY aspect of our life as beautiful as it is on pinterest, but when I spend too long on it, I feel like I should be,  Does that make sense?

Re: Is pinterest helping or hindering your creativity?

I typically start by looking at my "source" page to see who has been pinning my stuff and I "like" their pins in appreciation.  Then I hop over to the board they pinned my project to and explore it a little, repinning good stuff and following the board if it is really fascinating.  I do that with 3 or 4 boards and that is usually it.

like I said....I drown if I stick around longer and have NO motivation to do my own projects.

Re: Is pinterest helping or hindering your creativity?

I use Pinterest more then Google for looking for something specific in the homey category. It is soo useful for that. But, I find myself feeling less then I am when I stay on it too long. Everything is always so pretty :). Not at all like my everyday life. Darn it.

Re: Is pinterest helping or hindering your creativity?

Ashley @ Domestic Imperfection
I agree, too many pretty pictures to just hang around. I do look at my source page like 5 times a day though!

Re: Is pinterest helping or hindering your creativity?

5 times???  You are better than I Ash...try FIFTY five times a day.  I'm an addict adn it ain't pretty!

Re: Is pinterest helping or hindering your creativity?

Ashley @ Domestic Imperfection
Well Amy, admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery, lol.

Re: Is pinterest helping or hindering your creativity?

only 5 times :). That is a problem...isn't it.

Re: Is pinterest helping or hindering your creativity?

Bliss Ranch
Most definitely helping.
Bliss