Quantcast

I don't have a silhouette...

brookee
...but I wish I did.

For someone like me, is it possible to do any cool vinyl based cutting (or something similar)  without a machine like it?

Re: I don't have a silhouette...

Host - Morena
I think so!  It's time consuming but doable if you have a really good razor.  What do you have in mind?

Re: I don't have a silhouette...

brookee
I have wanted to make something like this...

http://www.andreasteed.com/node/1169

Subway art with important dates sort of thing.

Re: I don't have a silhouette...

Oh I wish someone would offer (reasonable) custom Silhouette jobs. I asked someone off Etsy do do something for me and it was over $40 plus shipping - jeesh!
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com

Re: I don't have a silhouette...

I've seen that on Pinterest.  I love that project!  If I didn't have a Silhouette I'd probably make it with stickers and Mod Podge.  Or print it on paper and put it in a frame.  All those numbers would be time consuming to hand cut.  If you want, email me at morenascorner@gmail.com and maybe I can help.

Re: I don't have a silhouette...

Wow!  $40?  Was it something really detailed?  I've considered selling stuff like that.  Weeding the vinyl is what takes  forever!  If you don't mind doing that yourself, I could probably help you.

Re: I don't have a silhouette...

Host {Heather} Inspired
What is weeding the vinyl? My project was just a recipe that I wanted cut out like chalkboard art, that's all.
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com

Re: I don't have a silhouette...

Host - Morena
When you cut the vinyl you have to peel away the excess vinyl (so you just leave the image you want).  With lettering it takes a long time because there are so many small pieces.  It's not hard, just time consuming.

Re: I don't have a silhouette...

Host {Heather} Inspired
Oh, ok.
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com