How to get a new blog found by a search engine?

How to get a new blog found by a search engine?

Jen - Girl in the Garage
I started my blog a few months ago and even submitted my site to a few search engines.  I blog about once a week, every two weeks at most.  However, I'm still not showing up in any search engines that I can tell.  Is there something else I need to do?  Or just be patient?   I definitely thought it would show by now, since my updates are more current than the other results that show.  Thanks!

Re: How to get a new blog found by a search engine?

Hey Jen!

I assume you already did this, but make sure it is submissted to google here:  http://blogsearch.google.com/ping

They are the granddaddy of search engines and you want to make sure you are on their radar.  That said -- it DOES take a while for blogs to start showing up, but the best way you can get ranked higher in searches is to:

1.  Create content consistently
2.  Make sure you use keywords and title your photos so they are searchable too and...
3. Get incoming links from well-ranked sites.  That means enter linky parties, get your blog featured on big sites like craftawker and craft gossip and keep doing that consistently.

Google will find you!!! :)

Re: How to get a new blog found by a search engine?

Jen - Girl in the Garage
Actually I didn't know about the google blog search!  Just did it now.  Still learning a lot... Thanks!   :)

Jen C

On Dec 11, 2012, at 9:35 AM, "HOST Amy Renea [via THE FORUM]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hey Jen!

I assume you already did this, but make sure it is submissted to google here:  http://blogsearch.google.com/ping

They are the granddaddy of search engines and you want to make sure you are on their radar.  That said -- it DOES take a while for blogs to start showing up, but the best way you can get ranked higher in searches is to:

1.  Create content consistently
2.  Make sure you use keywords and title your photos so they are searchable too and...
3. Get incoming links from well-ranked sites.  That means enter linky parties, get your blog featured on big sites like craftawker and craft gossip and keep doing that consistently.

Google will find you!!! :)

http://the-forum.3081.n7.nabble.com/How-to-get-a-new-blog-found-by-a-search-engine-tp1222p1226.html
To unsubscribe from How to get a new blog found by a search engine?, click here.
NAML
Dee

Re: How to get a new blog found by a search engine?

Dee
I didn't know about the Google thing either so thanks Amy Renea!

What platform are you blogging on? I am on WordPress w/a self hosted site & I downloaded a widget called TentBlogger that lets you add extra parameters to each post to increase your exposure. It seems to be working - I have seen a few stats come through from Google.com but they have "unknown keyword" listed. Something is better than nothing I suppose!

I also have All in One SEO Pack plugin installed. I am not quite sure what, if anything, that is doing for me...

Re: How to get a new blog found by a search engine?

Jen - Girl in the Garage
Dee, I'm also using self-hosted Wordpress.  I have decent exposure from FB but very low traffic/subscriptions on my actual website.  I will look up TentBlogger- thanks!

Jen C

On Dec 11, 2012, at 6:25 PM, "Dee [via THE FORUM]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I didn't know about the Google thing either so thanks Amy Renea!

What platform are you blogging on? I am on WordPress w/a self hosted site & I downloaded a widget called TentBlogger that lets you add extra parameters to each post to increase your exposure. It seems to be working - I have seen a few stats come through from Google.com but they have "unknown keyword" listed. Something is better than nothing I suppose!

I also have All in One SEO Pack plugin installed. I am not quite sure what, if anything, that is doing for me...

http://the-forum.3081.n7.nabble.com/How-to-get-a-new-blog-found-by-a-search-engine-tp1222p1230.html
To unsubscribe from How to get a new blog found by a search engine?, click here.
NAML

Re: How to get a new blog found by a search engine?

Nancy@ArtsyChicksRule
I didn't know about this either! Thanks!!

Re: How to get a new blog found by a search engine?

You are welcome all :)  I believe that you can submit your blog to yahoo search and others as well, but I've never had a whole lot of luck with them sending traffic.  My best search engine traffic comes from image searches on goole where people type on "moss" come across a photo of mine that I've tagged "moss" and then click through to the post.  G+ is supposed to help with google searches finding us bloggers, but so far -- no change for me!

Anybody else want to chime in on that?  Have you seen an increase in google traffic since focusing on G+?

Re: How to get a new blog found by a search engine?

Have you tried to add a Google Author Tag to your blog (just search "Google Author Tag", there's lot's of info out there).  It puts your photo beside the search part when you Google something - "doing this small addition to your articles can have a dramatic impact on how your content appears in Google’s search results".
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com

Re: How to get a new blog found by a search engine?

Jen - Girl in the Garage
No Heather, I didn't know that either!  Thanks!

Jen

http://the-forum.3081.n7.nabble.com/How-to-get-a-new-blog-found-by-a-search-engine-tp1222p1321.html