Help me make a nightstand decision please!

Help me make a nightstand decision please!

Kelly@ViewAlongTheWayHOST
So we need nightstands, badly. The two we currently have are just not functional. One is broken and we've been using it that way for FOUR YEARS.

But I'm stuck! I bought a couple nightstands with intentions to paint them, but now I can't come up with any color that will look right. The bed and curtains are off-white, so painting them white or off-white seems like too much. The curtains have off-white and navy and the walls are a silvery green, so painting them another color sounds kinda crazy, but maybe I'm wrong. (The euro pillows are navy.) Is wood the only choice? Help! What would you do?

Here's a pic (Hopefully I'm inserting this correctly.) Thanks for any help you can offer!

Re: Help me make a nightstand decision please!

HOST: NellieBellie
I'm yeah..what was the question? I'm distracted by the GORGEOUS room!!! I would go for gold. But, I"m strange. Or coral. I'm curious what the advice is going to be.
And seriously...that room is stunning!

OMG Gold. GOLD! Awesome idea. Gold had not occurred to me even ONCE. I'm actually kinda excited about the coral suggestion too. Have I mentioned I love the forum? :)

Re: Help me make a nightstand decision please!

HOST: NellieBellie
Really?? those curtains...that bed...screams for gold and fancy!!! Although, I'm liking coral with everything right now!
Yep...I'm loving the forum too!!

Re: Help me make a nightstand decision please!

I thought the same thing- GOLD! Metallic gold accents would look great. And round. A big round pedestal table in gold (because you have enough space to park a truck in that room! I am SO jealous) would look great with a cool glass lamp to add a little sparkle. I love the regency glam feel you've got going there.

 inspiration:

http://www.decorpad.com/photo.htm?photoId=94382¤tPage=0&index=7&relatedPhotoId=

Re: Help me make a nightstand decision please!

Denyse @ Crazy Beautiful Life
I agree with the suggestion of Gold or Coral. I would definitely pull a color from the neck pillow on your bed. It will definitely make your gorgeous room pop!!

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with ;-)

Re: Help me make a nightstand decision please!

Hi Kelly! What is the colour of the piping in your headboard? Bronze goldish? I would pick up on that colour for your nightstands and it looks like you have that in your pillow there too. You could also pick that colour up in the space above your headboard ( a horizontal sign??). I got this from your blog:

~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com

Yes, bronze goldish is exactly right. It's a nailhead trim. I really love that suggestion, just need to think about how to implement it. You guys ROCK. Thanks so much for the suggestions! (I'm also open to more, if you've got 'em!)

Re: Help me make a nightstand decision please!

HOST: NellieBellie
Or...Or...Coral with Bronze nailhead trim!! Yep. That would just be over kill. :)

Re: Help me make a nightstand decision please!

Ashley @ Domestic Imperfection
I like the coral suggestion (or whatever that coral-y color is in the pillows). Maybe you could do coral with gold hardware, or a gold base with coral top, or coral with white drawer front, or cream with a coral drawer. I like a show a little wood in my furniture, so you leave the top or the drawer wood. Coral and navy might look good together. Oh or gold and navy. Oh my gosh I have to stop...

Re: Help me make a nightstand decision please!

LiveLoveDIY
Oh my gosh this is so funny....before I had even scrolled down, I though gold or coral! Seems like we all went in the exact same direction!!!!! I think either would look amazing. Gold would help keep things neutral in case you ever wanted to change out some of the other colors....not that you should because it's GORGEOUS!
Virginia
Forum Host
www.livelovediy.com

Re: Help me make a nightstand decision please!

HOST-Court-Creek Line
I think we've reached a consensus!

Re: Help me make a nightstand decision please!

Bree
My first thought was coral too (from the pillow- you better love that pillow though!!)

I like the gold suggestion too!
Mommy to 3 and Professional Photographer
Amateur Crafter

Re: Help me make a nightstand decision please!

AveNew
You know, few people consider that the drawer of a nightstand doesn't necessarily have to be painted the same as the rest of the piece. Why not try a beautiful coordinating paper or fabric  modge-podged on the drawer front? Or paint the drawer front coral/navy and the rest gold?

I DO love those color combinations though. Let us know how it turns out.
Elizabeth @ Ave-New

Everyday inspirations- unique interpretations.
http://ave-new.com

Re: Help me make a nightstand decision please!

Recreate and Decorate
I think gold is perfect!  but I agree to do something different with the drawer!