Quantcast

Have you wrapped all of your gifts yet?

jenny@birdsandsoap
Are you finished wrapping? Do you save it till Christmas eve? Have a strategy to get it all done in one fell swoop?

Re: Have you wrapped all of your gifts yet?

Almost everything!!!  We are doing Christmas in "stages" this year which is working out well :)  We already had "Christmas" with one set of family last week, will have my family and his family separately, so I wrap as we get close to each one.  Working out nicely! :)

Re: Have you wrapped all of your gifts yet?

My husband and I wrapped everything today! The kids were at their grandparents and we wrapped while watching the BSU game together. I am so relieved to have that task done! Last year, I had my teenage nieces come over and we stayed up late into the night wrapping gifts. They were such great helpers, I almost recruited them again!

When we were first married, all of my gifts and packaging were very elaborate. Not a single gift without a homemade tag or fabric ribbon adorning it....now that we have children and the sheer volume of gifts has increased, I don't put so much into it. A few get wrapped fancy, but that's it. One reason is because they don't come out early; there is no fancy "gift display" under the tree till Christmas. It's just too tempting for my toddler.

I also get the hokey cartoon paper. I personally don't care for anything licensed and covered with characters, but my children do so I wrap their gifts with the Hello Kitty and Dora paper. And the gifts from "Santa" are wrapped in different paper too. My oldest daughter is very smart and I swear if I am not extra sneaky she will ask why Santa uses the gift wrap we already have at home and not his own.

Do you have any silly wrapping/gifting traditions?

I remember one year my  bought me a white turtleneck and wrapped it with a heavy piece of faucet plumbing. It added serious weight to the box and clanked around when I shook it- I just knew it was something good! When I opened it, I found the pipe had gotten grease on my new lame turtleneck. Talk about a bummer. Dumb shirt and it was ruined. But we still laugh about that one to this day!

My in-laws passed around a case of tomato juice from Costco for like 2 years. That got wrapped and gifted from one family member to another through several holidays.

I want to do something fun for my girls, they are only 3 and 5, but it's never to early to start the heckling!