Quantcast

Have you made the switch from Blogger to Wordpress?

Have you made the switch from Blogger to Wordpress?

Are you happy with the switch?  Do ads work any differently?  What was the biggest hassle?  If you could start your blog from scratch today, where would you host?

Re: Have you made the switch from Blogger to Wordpress?

HOST-Court-Creek Line
I'm so not ready yet. I have so many things that I want to do that are way higher on the list. I think I'll get there, but right now I just really feel like focussing on content. This week at least. :)

Re: Have you made the switch from Blogger to Wordpress?

Ashley @ Domestic Imperfection
When you do make the switch, HIRE SOMEBODY! I'm really glad I moved but it was a massive headache.

Re: Have you made the switch from Blogger to Wordpress?

HOST-Court-Creek Line
Oh my goodness, that is the one thing that I wouldn't hesitate to hire out right now. Everything else I still do on my own, but I'm just way too prone to panic attacks for that project I think!

Re: Have you made the switch from Blogger to Wordpress?

We made the switch about a year ago and did all ourselves, including a redesign at the same time. It was a giant headache, but it was SOOOO worth it. I just wish we'd done it way sooner. My favorite change is how much easier it is to write a post, and the SEO benefits are awesome. If you're hesitating, don't wait any longer!

Re: Have you made the switch from Blogger to Wordpress?

I'm soooooooooooooooo hesitating.  It's all about the $$$ for me....I'm such a cheapskate.

Re: Have you made the switch from Blogger to Wordpress?

Unskinny Boppy
I did, and I paid Gwen and I'm SO glad I did.  I sat back and let her do all the work! :)

Re: Have you made the switch from Blogger to Wordpress?

Melissa-The Happier Homemaker
I did mine myself in August.  I felt like the sooner I did it the easier it would be.  It took me a few hours and I ended up calling Krist from Addicted 2 Decorating to tweak a couple of things I couldn't figure out (like column widths-mostly for ad placement) I'm very glad I did it.  I feel like my blog looks better, more streamlined and professional. (I also did my own redesign around the same time) and I feel that its more SEO friendly and the plug-ins are great.

I have a friend who is about to start a blog and I suggested to her to start on blogger because I think you don't know if you're going to like it or not so why waste the money? I waited until my blog made me enough income to pay for the hosting, etc before I switched.

Re: Have you made the switch from Blogger to Wordpress?

Someday, if I "graduate" to real blogging, I will make the switch. I look at it as a reward I will give myself when I have figured out how to balance blogging with real life and keep it consistent. And then there's the money thing.

Re: Have you made the switch from Blogger to Wordpress?

No, I'm still with Blogger.  I only recently started making money off my blog, so if that continues I might switch.  But I'm really cheap, er, frugal, so we'll see.  :)

Re: Have you made the switch from Blogger to Wordpress?

Bliss Ranch
I don't know if I ever will switch.  My brain can't learn one more new thing or it will explode and then what would happen to my blog?

Re: Have you made the switch from Blogger to Wordpress?

Paula@SweetPea
I've been thinking a lot about switching but I haven't taken the plunge just yet.  I've been on Blogger for six years and am comfortable with it.  It's scary to think about learning a new way of blogging.

Re: Have you made the switch from Blogger to Wordpress?

Dear Helen Hartman
Since I blog purely for fun I haven't done it. Many is the time I think I really should if I want to keep growing. Even more so now that Facebook is such a mess. The day is coming but it's not today.

http://dearhelenhartman.blogspot.com/

Re: Have you made the switch from Blogger to Wordpress?

I switched awhile back. It's been a learning curve for sure. I wish I had started on it in the first place!

Re: Have you made the switch from Blogger to Wordpress?

Barb
I've been seriously considering WordPress and other options. When I researched WordPress - I found out that the very thing I wanted (plug-ins) (drop-down menus) was not allowed on WordPress. Wait! I'll explain!I understand that you can use WordPress but you have to host your blog elsewhere... would love to discuss this!

Re: Have you made the switch from Blogger to Wordpress?

Does anyone have any experience with Drupal?