Quantcast

Have you ever worried yourself silly over a constructive criticism of your child either in a report card comment or in conversation at a parent-teacher conference?

Have you ever worried yourself silly over a constructive criticism of your child either in a report card comment or in conversation at a parent-teacher conference?

michelle
I think it's safe to assume that in a parent-teacher conference, every mom and dad wants to hear that they have a brilliant child; a real leader among peers who embraces academics and maintains a studious attitude, right?

We conferenced with our son's 1st grade teacher yesterday afternoon, and heard: 1. how advanced his reading is, 2. How well he does is math, and 3. How far his penmanship has come. The only thing sticking with me however, is the negative: He lacks focus and is easily distrated. My worst nightmare. I tossed and turned last night, worrying about how to help him with this problem. I'm already feeling paranoid about his future in college. Suffice it to say, that I was a little over the top. It's no small thing though, that on more than one occasion he's let himself be distracted to the point of having to turn in incompleted work.

Am I overreacting? He is after all, just 6.
~Michelle
Chat Leader

http://postitsfromtheplayground.com

Re: Have you ever worried yourself silly over a constructive criticism of your child either in a report card comment or in conversation at a parent-teacher conference?

yes, yes and yes, yes, yes.  I never knew being a parent would be so ridiculously guilt ridden.   I feel like I fail constantly when it comes to his school.  He's good in this this this and this, but..........

....and then I feel like I am in first grade again and have done something wrong and......

...of course my husband sits there in the conference fine without feeling any emotions towards any of this stuff.  What a blessing!