Quantcast

Halloween- Eye candy or real candy?

AveNew
So many of us decorate for Halloween, but how many actually hand out candy on those beautifully decorated doorsteps?
Elizabeth @ Ave-New

Everyday inspirations- unique interpretations.
http://ave-new.com

Re: Halloween- Eye candy or real candy?

AveNew
I was sad to learn from my neighbors yesterday that since we just moved to a sorta busy street that we don't get but a handful of kiddos- if that. I'm going to miss seeing the costumes!

You can bet that I will have a bowl of candy behind the door though- just in case!
Elizabeth @ Ave-New

Everyday inspirations- unique interpretations.
http://ave-new.com

Re: Halloween- Eye candy or real candy?

My mom lives on a main street in our little town. She used to spend hundreds of dollars every year on candy. She just can't afford it anymore. So, she closes up her house and leaves. It's so sad! I wish the town would help out those neighborhoods that the kids go to in large force.

Re: Halloween- Eye candy or real candy?

HOST-Court-Creek Line
We're way out in the middle of nowhere, so no kids for us! We just drive into the neighborhoods around the school and enjoy being in the middle of the action and seeing everyone else's decorations. With the kids of course. We're not just like a creepy group of grownups walking around and looking at stuff.

Re: Halloween- Eye candy or real candy?

Kelly@ViewAlongTheWayHOST
We do hand it out and love to see the costumes! Our neighborhood is mostly junior high and high school kids now, so some of them come by our house multiple times and think we don't notice or something. :) haha. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do for some candy!

Re: Halloween- Eye candy or real candy?

Our girls are still little, so we get to trick-or-treat when it is daylight. Then home before it gets dark and cold. It always seems to rain on Halloween in Idaho, so we do our trick-or-treating in late afternoon before the weather turns and come home to hand out candy at night. It's the best of both worlds!

The kids love handing out candy at the door.

I remember beating the street as a kid till as late as I could, I would have stayed out all night if I could. Now that I'm an adult, I have no desire to be out in the cold!