Quantcast

Favorite Paint??

I personally love the paints made for touch up paint for cars (automobile paint), but colors are limited.  Do you know of anything that works as well but has a wider range of colors?  Favorite brands?

Re: Favorite Paint??

Melissa-The Happier Homemaker
My favorite spray paint is Krylon Dual right now-I like the primer being included and it comes in a ton of colors.

Re: Favorite Paint??

Does it really work?  No primer necessary??  That would be fab!

I need to respray the drawer pulls on my cabinets and the paint needs to STICK this time...

Re: Favorite Paint??

Melissa-The Happier Homemaker
Yep! I hate priming/sanding/etc and I put it to the test on my blog-I tried it on a number of materials and it worked great! http://www.thehappierhomemaker.com/2012/08/nursery-spray-paint-updates.html
I've used it on baskets, plastic picture frames, even a lamp!

Re: Favorite Paint??

That is FABULOUS Melissa  -- and how have I missed your nursery makeover?  It's beautiful!  I need like 1,000 of those toy buckets and that clothesline is just precious.

Re: Favorite Paint??

Benjamin Moore for sure! Their colours have so much depth and they go on so well. Their staff are most knowledgeable here too. I just had a bad experience trying to get a paint - I went to our Home Hardware to get another gallon of paint that I had gotten there before and because it was a General Paint colour, they couldn't find the paint code (even though they mixed it in the first place - hmmm) then the lady couldn't colour match it using the wet paint on 2 paintsticks held closely together. The owner of the store walked by and said, "that looks like white - just give her white" OMG, I will NEVER go there again!
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com

Re: Favorite Paint??

I'm a big lover of Dutch Boy.
And...Krylon!! Love that stuff!

Re: Favorite Paint??

Ashley @ Domestic Imperfection
I've never tried Benjamin Moore Heather, but I need to! I usually just use Behr because Home Depot is the only place to get paint within 30 minutes of me.

Re: Favorite Paint??

RCHOTX Tarah
Glad to hear about the Benjamin Moore. I'm actually going to pick some up tonight. I just used Valspar on Sunday. I'm still on the fence about it.
Tarah, a Real {Cheap} Housewife of Texas

Re: Favorite Paint??

Host: Setting for Four
For walls - Sherwin Williams!!  We just painted our dining room, living room, foyer and kitchen with Mindful Gray and Mink and they are so gorgeous!  Watch for their sales too - they have some great ones!  For spray paint - I love Krylon and Rustoleum, oh yes.... and Zinsser 1-2-3 as a primer - it covers everything so well for a base coat!

Re: Favorite Paint??

HOST-Court-Creek Line
Sherwin Williams is like pudding! Love it! Para paints are only available in Canada, but they're pretty awesome too. They're the ones that carry the Sarah Richardson paints. Honestly, lately I've just been grabbing whatever's at Home Depot. Also, if I could paint everything with those tiny bottles of dollar store acrylic I would. :)

Re: Favorite Paint??

Barb - Turtles and Tails
I agree with Benjamin Moore. Sometimes I'll use Behr because Home Depot is easier to get to and is cheaper, but I always seem to regret it. The Benjamin Moore paint goes on so well and you don't need nearly as much as other brands. The staff at BM are amazing too - they'll spend as much time with you as necessary, never rushed.