Quantcast

DIY DILEMMA -- what is the perfect filler for clear ornaments?!?

DIY DILEMMA -- what is the perfect filler for clear ornaments?!?

I stripped my ornaments (See how here!  http://www.anestforallseasons.com/2012/11/stripping-ornaments.html ) , but now I need help filling them!

What is yuor favorite thing to fill those clear glass ornaments with?  tinsel? feathers?

Re: DIY DILEMMA -- what is the perfect filler for clear ornaments?!?

HOST: NellieBellie
I love my snow globe ornaments!
I've also seen fabric strips...so cute!
Little sayings from family.
legos.
little candies.
buttons.
oh, the possibilities are endless!

Re: DIY DILEMMA -- what is the perfect filler for clear ornaments?!?

Glitter! I saw a DIY project where you squirt a little floor polish in there and roll it around to coat, and then dump glitter inside. Anytime you can add glitter without it flaking off is a winner in my book!

Re: DIY DILEMMA -- what is the perfect filler for clear ornaments?!?

oh my goodness - glitter sounds divine Jenny and my boys would DIE for lego ornaments Janel- perfect!

Re: DIY DILEMMA -- what is the perfect filler for clear ornaments?!?

I say: really thin strips of pretty paper, so it curls up in there!
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com

Re: DIY DILEMMA -- what is the perfect filler for clear ornaments?!?

jenny@birdsandsoap
Cute! I love that idea.

Re: DIY DILEMMA -- what is the perfect filler for clear ornaments?!?

Host:  Mary Beth ~ C & C
All of the above ; )  So many great ideas!
Mary Beth @ Cupcakes and Crinoline
http://cupcakesandcrinoline.com/

Re: DIY DILEMMA -- what is the perfect filler for clear ornaments?!?

My kids love to drop paint in the ornaments and swirl it around and watch it slide.  :)  We make a few every year.