Quantcast

Costumes?

Host {Heather} Inspired
Are you dressing up for Halloween? What are you going to be? Last year our son was the Cat In The Hat and my husband and I were Thing 1 and Thing 2 - it was so much fun! This year our son is a Knight and my husband and I are a 2 headed, 3 legged, 2 armed monster for him to slay!
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com

Re: Costumes?

oh my goodness you guys are good parents!!!  I have not dressed up with the kids yet....perhaps I should get over myself and do so?!?!

Re: Costumes?

We're not planning to yet, but my son will be Woody from Toy Story and my daughter will be a lamb, so I kinda wish my husband was Buzz Lightyear and I was Bo Peep. It'd be fun and cute-slash-lame and embarrassing. :)

Re: Costumes?

Bliss Ranch
I have no idea what I am doing here at "The Forum".  I clicked a link, saw topics, clicked Parents, clicked costumes, and well I guess all I have to say is my youngest is going to a party tonight as Colonel Sanders complete with a bucket of chicken.

Bliss

Re: Costumes?

Host {Heather} Inspired
Hello Bliss Ranch, nice to see you here! I love that ideas about the Colonel, that's way too cute!
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com

Re: Costumes?

Unskinny Boppy
LOL!  Bliss Ranch  you are my hero.  I LOVE that idea! LOL

G has a cute pirate costume ready and waiting but he keeps saying he wants to be a skeleton or a bat.  :sigh  My kid is fickle. Maybe if I dressed as a giant sea monster and he could slay me that would help.

Re: Costumes?

Bliss Ranch
I was the mom who always said to my kids Halloween is for monster costumes, and cringed when they wanted to be a princess and not a witch.  My mantra now is be whatever you want but be the best one of it at the party.  Sort of like Abe Lincoln, just for Halloween.  I sent off Colonel Sanders last night and a Sultan.  The Colonel came home with first place and I'm waiting to hear about the 24 year old Sultan.

Re: Costumes?

oh my goodness  -- and even wit the bucket of chicken -- that is PRICELESS>  PLEASE tell me you are taking a million photos and will share them with us?!?!  PUHLEASE!

Re: Costumes?

Levi wants to be a llamma with a full working spit mechanism and rolling butt.
But...being he is 9 he also doesn't want to go trick or treating. We'll see if I have to last minute make a spitting llamma.

Re: Costumes?

Melissa-The Happier Homemaker
My youngest is going as a tiger-just happened to find a cute costume for cheap at TJMaxx last month.  (Plus I'm a Clemson girl so Tigers are good!)

My older two boys want to be the Wild Kratts-which is a PBS show about animals and of course they don't make the costumes so I had to make them.  No one is going to know who they are unless their child is equally obsessed with the show-they basically just have black vests and gloves with little felt rectangles and a paw print.  {sigh}

Oh well...at least they are happy!

Re: Costumes?

HOST: NellieBellie
The Kratts!!1 That would be great! And fairly simple. Oh for the days when something simple was good enough :).

Re: Costumes?

My girls have been wanting to be Lalaloopsy dolls since summer. I just made their dresses and I'm working on crocheting wigs. Not sure how that's gonna go over.

My husband is super creeped out by those dolls with their button eyes, but we're hoping the cute factor wins out. And no, I won't be coloring their eyes black.

I haven't dressed up in years, My husband took Halloween off from work so we can all trick-or-treat as a family, and I am wondering about last minute costumes for us. It would be fun to dress up too!
I am considering going as a hoarder...it is so fitting. haha! I can pin a bunch of junk to a dress so I look like I am waist deep in garbage. My husband said he would go as the husband in denial so we match! If I could get my cat to cooperate, I think it would be very convincing.

Re: Costumes?

michelle
The Wild Kratts! What a fabulous idea Melissa! Mind if I borrow it? My 2 boys are enamored with that show-perhaps I'll pitch the Kratts brothers as ideas for next year's costumes!
~Michelle
Chat Leader

http://postitsfromtheplayground.com