Quantcast

Cleaning with Vinegar

Host:  Mary Beth ~ C & C
I've recently started to steer away from cleaning with chemicals and have been cleaning with vinegar, etc.  I've had great results.  What are some of your eco-friendly cleaning tips?  What works and what doesn't?
Mary Beth @ Cupcakes and Crinoline
http://cupcakesandcrinoline.com/

Re: Cleaning with Vinegar

Host {Heather} Inspired
I've found that a mix of ammonia, vinegar and baking soda works good in the bathtub! Also I use vinegar after it's been boiled in the microwave to clean the microwave and it gets rid of any smells in there as well!
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com

Re: Cleaning with Vinegar

Ashley @ Domestic Imperfection
I recently started throwing half a cup of vinegar in the dishwasher and it has saved me from declaring my dishwasher completely worthless. We have super hard water here and it destroys all my appliances... until now, lol.  My dishes are sparkly in the first time in...forever!

Re: Cleaning with Vinegar

I am horrible at this.  I Clorox my bathrooms and use Mrs. Meyers in the kitchen...is vinegar really that effective? Off to google....

Re: Cleaning with Vinegar

pleaselouise
I don't get the vinegar + baking soda thing. V is an acid and bs is a base so they neutralize each other and you end up with an inert product. (The cool fizzing that makes volcanoes) But it seems to be one of the most commonly used combos. Any thoughts, anyone?

Re: Cleaning with Vinegar

Lorrie
I clean with vinegar and with baking soda. I use baking soda as a scrubbing agent - it doesn't scratch my stove top or countertops. Vinegar I use separately to clean faucets, toilets, mirrors, etc.

I've started making orange vinegar - place orange peels in a mason jar, fill up with vinegar and let stand for two weeks. Remove the peels, and use the vinegar as a cleaner. It can be diluted. I find it really works well on greasy stove hoods.
Lorrie
http;//fabricpaperthread.blogspot.com