Quantcast

Christmas crafty gifts for guys?

Host - Morena
I would love to MAKE something for the men in my life for Christmas but I find it's hard to come up with guy themed projects.  Any ideas?  I'd love to start a pinboard "for the guys".

Re: Christmas crafty gifts for guys?

Re: Christmas crafty gifts for guys?

I've always wanted to crochet a hat with the beard attached. I think they are hilarious.

I spent the first half of my marriage trying to do really creative, heartfelt, handmade gifts for my husband; lots of time spent planning and making things that were going to be so amazing, my husband would just love them and appreciate the time and thought put into them...then Christmas would come, he would open the present, say "thanks," and throw it in the pile. The buildup on my end just led to disappointment. I've accepted that he just doesn't have the same interest in those things as I do. I put way to much energy into crafting things that I would like if I were a dude. Thing is, my dude doesn't like anything made from yarn or scrapbook paper. The key to his heart is electronics, food, and video games. They are the proven winners in our house, Although, our first Christmas together, I crocheted him a giant afghan that had the Michael Jordan "Jumpman" symbol on it and it actually brought a tear to his eye. I have yet to make him anything  ever again that gets that kind of reaction (aside from babies. lol.)

Do any of you have husbands who appreciate things of the crafted variety?

I've built furniture for my husband, which really impressed him, but that's about it. There's not a shred of hipster in the guy at all. He is all sports, beer, grilling, and other manly stuff. I've had  success with gift basket type things with his favorite snacks, cookbooks, specialty beers and such. I am truly amazed at how easy he is. No elaborate gifts like I wish someone would make me, just food and sports and comfy sweat pants for lounging around the house.

Re: Christmas crafty gifts for guys?

Host - Morena
I love that bearded beanie!  I think they're hilarious, too!!

You bring up a really good point about some guys not appreciating handmade.  My whole family is DIYers, so we tend to make gifts for each other and love them.  My husband's family is not like that, so I rarely make him anything.  I guess that's why I keep looking, hoping to find something "cool" enough to make him.  My sons seem to appreciate things I make for them, at least!

Re: Christmas crafty gifts for guys?

Karah @ the space between
That bearded beanie is HILARIOUS!!!

How about some home made coasters with a bottle of wine or a 6 pack of beer for your man gift?  http://thespacebetweenblog.net/2012/10/08/do-it-yourself-coasters/

I host the FORUM at the space between

Re: Christmas crafty gifts for guys?

My husband TOTALLY does not do the handmade gift thing -- he MUCH prefers tech stuff and CASH.  Sad...

Re: Christmas crafty gifts for guys?

Missperson
Last Christmas, I crocheted  a red scarf  to my husband, Mosaic with two ball at the bottom , very cute, red makes cold winter warm,and this year,because he said he wanna a hat ,so i decide to knit from now .
I'm a simple person who loves handmade items and also love to do them by myself. Here, i wanna to make friends with more people and share funny things with them.