[COOK'S CHALLENGE] Bread

Let's start with basics, shall we?

Today you are going to make bread.

With yeast.

First things first, you need yeast, flour, salt and oil -- maybe some honey.

Second, you need a few hours while you are home.  you will only need about 10 minutes total to actually make the bread, but it takes several hours of waiting in between.

This is worth it I promise!

Here is my recipe:   http://www.anestforallseasons.com/2010/12/making-your-own-bread.html

...and here are a hundred more on pinterest: http://pinterest.com/amyk/my-tummy-would-like-to-try-these/

Just do it once.  Enjoy the process.  Go slow.  ...and enjoy.  This is a challenge worth doing I promise!

Re: [COOK'S CHALLENGE] Bread

Ashley @ Domestic Imperfection
Oh man, I love homemade bread. Whenever I make it I wonder why I even bothered cooking dinner, because everyone just wants to eat bread. Here is the recipe I use... http://allrecipes.com/recipe/amish-white-bread/

I've never blogged about it, maybe I should...

Re: [COOK'S CHALLENGE] Bread

mmmmm Ashley -- totally pinning this for future reference....

Re: [COOK'S CHALLENGE] Bread

Have you been looking at my bucket list??

I have homemade bread on it. To make. With real yeast.

That stuff scares the bejeebers out of me.

So...I'm going to make that a goal for the week.

Re: [COOK'S CHALLENGE] Bread

It is scary Janel.  Sometimes it sneaks out of the fridge and bites you in the butt while you are sleeping.

No really though -- it is much easier than you would think!

Re: [COOK'S CHALLENGE] Bread

HOST: NellieBellie
I know that. I did make this pinterest cheesy bread that required yeast. It turned out lovely!
But, something about that darn yeast that sounds so...hard! But, it's probably like loading the dishwasher...not as bad if I just do it!

Re: [COOK'S CHALLENGE] Bread

Ashley @ Domestic Imperfection
Making the bread is easy...giving yourself enough time to make the bread before dinner is the hard part!

Re: [COOK'S CHALLENGE] Bread

HOST: NellieBellie
It takes a long time doesn't it. It's all the rising and stuff. That darn yeast stuff.

Re: [COOK'S CHALLENGE] Bread

Ashley @ Domestic Imperfection
It takes me about 3 hours, but only about 10 minutes of that is actual work.