Quantcast

Blog ad/sponsor question

Rena(thecheesethief)
I just received an email:

Hello ,

My name is Nicole and I am an Advertising Buyer for BusinessOutreacher.net. I am contacting you on behalf of a client I work with, a company that specializes in personal gifts and labels. I’d like to inquire about a possible advertising opportunity on your site thecheesethief.com.

Does your site offer advertising options? If so, would you be interested in discussing rates and availability?

Sincerely,

Nicole Waters

I've never done ads other than through adsense.  Do you think this is legit?  How do you usually get sponsors to your site?

Thanks,
Rena

Re: Blog ad/sponsor question

I do them every once in awhile Rena!  I offer my rates back and if they are legit they will say ok or barter.  If they aren't, they usually just vanish :)

Also, it seems like it is hard to find a product that fits with my blog's message/themes when they are cold calls like that.  Make sure you find out exactly what you are promoting for them and whether they are allowing no follow links or demand follow.

I've found success doing work with a canvas company, a chicken company and once in a rare while -- a great book.  Let us know how it goes Rena!

Re: Blog ad/sponsor question

Rena(thecheesethief)
Thanks Amy!

I'll let you know how it goes.  The whole blogging ads and money making thing is rather new to me.  I know of the basics like google ads, but would love to expand to get real sponsors.  Maybe I'll start a new thread for questions like that.