Quantcast

{Blog Prompt} Do you like your blog name?

12

{Blog Prompt} Do you like your blog name?

Why did you choose to name your blog what you did?  Do you still like it?  Does it make sense?    Would you still pick the same name today?

{Feel free to answer below or use the questions as a prompt for a blog post.  Go ahead and link up your blog post in your forum comment and we'll shoot you some traffic!}

Re: {Blog Prompt} Do you like your blog name?

Melissa-The Happier Homemaker
I thought I wanted to blog about homemaking and activities for small children so I named my blog The Happier Homemaker...but now I do DIY home decor and crafts-but I tried to tie it in with my tag line "Making a house a home one DIY at a time."

Re: {Blog Prompt} Do you like your blog name?

Ashley @ Domestic Imperfection
Hmmm, that's a good question. When I started my blog I wanted a name that wasn't super house related so that I could post about anything I pleased. But I really just post about house stuff. Anyway, I do like my name...it is kinda funnyish and sums up my how most of my projects go, and I feel like it gives me an excuse to not be a perfect blogger...crappiness is part of my "brand", lol.

Re: {Blog Prompt} Do you like your blog name?

Ginger
Yea and no...I came up with name really quick without a lot of thought.  Just decided to start a blog one day. ha!  I think if I knew my blog would actually be "successful" I would of put a little more thought into it.  Buuuut I do think my name fits & it's memorable & different so I guess it worked out ok. :)

Re: {Blog Prompt} Do you like your blog name?

Ha!! You are talking to the girl that named her blog Hating Martha and then changed it to be more approachable. I still don't love it. It feels too sweet and pretty. But, I hate the work in changing it more. So...it stays.

Re: {Blog Prompt} Do you like your blog name?

How about Hating Nellie?  or Martha's Belly.  Or hating Martha's belly.

Re: {Blog Prompt} Do you like your blog name?

tutusteaparties
Eh, the name of my blog was created when I had my little girl and was excited life would be about tutus & tea parties. I wasn't a serious blogger back then...so now I feel like it says nothing about what my blog is. I do like it though...just wish I thought about it more back in the day.
Signature

Re: {Blog Prompt} Do you like your blog name?

ha ha!! I'm thinking...NO. But, I'll keep those in mind for future reference.

Re: {Blog Prompt} Do you like your blog name?

Do you ever think about switching Lauren?  ...or is it way too much of a hassle at this point?

Re: {Blog Prompt} Do you like your blog name?

RCHOTX Heather
Yep - I love our blog name. It fits us perfectly (it's a group blog - 6 of us). :)

Re: {Blog Prompt} Do you like your blog name?

AveNew
When I started Ave-New as a company I knew that I would be making pieces for sale. Someone suggested that I simultaneously do the blog and it has just taken over! I'm so glad that I found a name that fits with a wide range of topics because at my house, anything goes. The blog hasn't been up for more than 2 months but I think it will fit right in to what it is I want to share. Maybe I should check back in a year though...
Elizabeth @ Ave-New

Everyday inspirations- unique interpretations.
http://ave-new.com

Re: {Blog Prompt} Do you like your blog name?

Gwen~ Forum Host
I'm LMAO at you Amy!  You're killing me!!! !
I host The Forum at
The Bold Abode

Re: {Blog Prompt} Do you like your blog name?

Gwen~ Forum Host
I like my name and I like my brand, but now... I'm starting to get the neutral with pops of color thing... I hope I don't have to rename my blog to "The Sorta Bold Abode" or "The Sometimes Bold Abode"...haha!
I host The Forum at
The Bold Abode

Re: {Blog Prompt} Do you like your blog name?

AveNew
Sadly, I know EXACTLY what you mean. I've always been the COLOR person but since I've moved in with another opinionated person I have to rein in some of my stuff to make it more widely acceptable within my own home. Tough transition but it will be more appealing for guests as well. Good luck and I'll have to check out your blog!
Elizabeth @ Ave-New

Everyday inspirations- unique interpretations.
http://ave-new.com

Re: {Blog Prompt} Do you like your blog name?

Nikk @ Life in the Meadows
I don't love it, but I just couldn't think of anything else at the time.

Re: {Blog Prompt} Do you like your blog name?

I like it but don't love it.  "Runs with Scissors" was already taken.  LOL!  I just started it on a whim, and then things took off and now I feel like it's too late to change.  Oh well...at least I have a unique name.  :)

Re: {Blog Prompt} Do you like your blog name?

Shelley-Sow and Dipity
Funny enough I recently 'modified' it from Sew and Dipity to Sow and Dipity. Just one vowel but a whole new site had to be born and it took me months to make the switch complete. But it's 'sow' much better now....( sorry, lol ). So here's the reason:
My hubby and I opened a sporting goods store several years ago and I got involved in the embroidery leg of the business. I had the idea of expanding on that and resurrecting my passion for sewing ( I was a seamstress in the formal wear industry in my early 20's ). I started the blog based on my favorite word in the entire english dictionary and was eager to sew and share.
But with the business young in a bad economy, I took on what was supposed to be just part time at a garden nursery. Just prior to our buying the sporting goods store, I was a garden designer for 8 years. No doubt about it, I sowed way more than I sewed...in fact, only 2 projects were alloted in the namesakes category and like a zillion under the dipity garden category.
It was obvious that I make the switch for 2 very important reasons. 1st, Audience: realistically my sewing followers would probably do some form of gardening, but not so much gardeners doing sewing. 2nd, I felt like a fraud to those people who visited my site seeking a cool sewing project only to find posts about growing tomatoes and composting.
Energetically, the moment the new name was official and I went live with my new website.....I felt free of the old persona that no longer described me or the direction I was headed in. It was a lot of work, I lost followers and my numbers went down....but they are increasing faster than ever now and I am SOW happy I did it!
Shelley
Where creativity blooms...
http://www.sowanddipity.com

Re: {Blog Prompt} Do you like your blog name?

Denyse @ Crazy Beautiful Life
Good question. My blog name is very fitting and I still love it. It goes with Life, Blogging, Crafting, DIY'ing, Decorating, and anything else life has to offer. :-)

Re: {Blog Prompt} Do you like your blog name?

Bliss Ranch
I have gotten used to mine, but it wasn't what I was going for even a little bit.  It was just that when I sat down to start a blog I wanted to start it RIGHT NOW and to have to mess around for that two hours because every name was taken, well I might never have started a blog if I didn't finally accept Bliss Ranch.

Re: {Blog Prompt} Do you like your blog name?

Barb - Turtles and Tails
That's exactly how I feel. Everything I thought of was already taken. I have a slight obsession with turtles (mostly when on vacation) and I love my dogs to death, but it really says nothing about what my blog is or where I want it to go. Maybe now is the time to change it since it's still kind of small. I think about that all the time.

Barb
Turtles and Tails
12