Blog Comment Reply Etiquette

Dee

Blog Comment Reply Etiquette

Dee
Hey everyone - I'm pretty new to the blogging world & wondered what the general etiquette was for responding to questions made by folks on other's blogs. For example: If I blogged about how to miter wood corners & someone asked about determining the correct degree how does it work for other bloggers to comment on *my* post? (I sure hope that makes sense). Would love to know before getting myself in trouble with {potential} new friends! :) Thanks ~ Dee

Re: Blog Comment Reply Etiquette

Hey Dee!

I think it is ok if you don't go around "experting" on other blogger's blogs, but once in awhile is perfectly fine.  Like most things, if it is done in a spirit of grace, most bloggers seem fine with it (I am!).  There are no hard and fast rules though?!!?  Hope others chime in on this one -- would love to hear what they say!

Re: Blog Comment Reply Etiquette

You mean... if you saw a question asked on another blog and you had a post that answered that question? Just want to make sure I understand! :)

Re: Blog Comment Reply Etiquette

Host:  Mary Beth ~ C & C
I would say that if the answer is correct/accurate and polite, that it's okay.  It most probably means that there is a community feel to your blog...which is a very good thing!
Mary Beth @ Cupcakes and Crinoline
http://cupcakesandcrinoline.com/
Dee

Re: Blog Comment Reply Etiquette

Dee
I really need to learn not to try to be communicative in the wee hours of the morning. :) Yes Amy Renea you got what I was trying to say. I was on a fellow blogger's site and someone asked a project specific question and I was going to reply but decided not to since it wasn't my blog or my DIY post. I know how I would feel if it were my blog/post (and I agree, as long as the info was accurate I'd be fine w/the *assistance*) but didn't want to assume & figured I'd utilize the forum! :) Thanks for the responses. Hopefully, this clarifies the question a bit and more folks add their take on things - I'd really like to know what the general consensus is. Thanks!

Re: Blog Comment Reply Etiquette

Kelly@ViewAlongTheWayHOST
Interesting question! I've had people email me before to ask if it's okay if they include a link in their comment on one of my posts, and I always appreciate that. If you're on the fence, you could always take that approach!

I think if you write the comment gracefully and defer to the main blogger whose page you're on, no one could fault you for that. Plus you're just being helpful! Nothing makes me happier than readers talking to other readers in the comments section. Like Mary Beth said, it means you have a community!