{BLOG PROMPT} Imperfection as a Goal...

Are you perfect?  Do you own your imperfection?

Janel at Nellie Bellie lets it all hang out and embraces imperfection:  http://www.nelliebellie.com/i-believe-imperfection/

How do YOU embrace imperfection?  or should you?  Should you instead climb the ladder to perfection?

Share all on your blog and then go ahead and share here if you dare!!  We'd love to see what YOU think!

Re: {BLOG PROMPT} Imperfection as a Goal...

Ashley @ Domestic Imperfection
Lol, yes...I'm all about imperfection! I think it's so easy to appear perfect online, even if you don't intend to. I don't ever want people to leave  my blog feeling crappy, like they can't live up to me, my house, my projects or whatever. Me, my house, and my projects are all a mess and I want people to know it. I want my blog to truly be a "if I can do this so can you" type of place. I want people to smile, to laugh, and to feel encouraged...even if they are encouraged because my house is messy, my kids are half naked, or my project was a disaster!

Re: {BLOG PROMPT} Imperfection as a Goal...

AveNew
Oh man- this is a hard one. As a designer with a background mostly in the commercial industry this was a difficult thing to embrace. More-so since I'm also a perfectionist (you outta try perfecting imperfection)!

There is definitely a fine line between too-well-done-to-look-homemade and too-sloppy-to-be-seen-by-anyone-but-you. While imperfection is usually found more often in casual spaces such as the home, I find it welcoming in a business or home setting. Makes people feel more at ease if their surroundings aren't pressuring them to be perfect.
Elizabeth @ Ave-New

Everyday inspirations- unique interpretations.
http://ave-new.com

Re: {BLOG PROMPT} Imperfection as a Goal...

I'm a perfectionist, and while I see  poor aspect of this trait, there are good too. It drives me to try harder, think smarter, and challenges me to go beyond "just good enough." I like that about myself. I love to plan. I spend a lot of time thinking about how to do a project before finally executing it.

But what I don't like is how I set the bar so high, that I cannot produce until a project has "arrived" in my own eyes. I really hold myself back in that department because I could be sharing so many things that don't get posted for lack of time to perfect them. boo! I would love to be okay with myself when it comes to stuff like that, but my own standards won't let me!

Anybody overcome that one?