Quantcast

[BLOG PROMPT] Blogging makes me cry when...

[BLOG PROMPT] Blogging makes me cry when...

...for me right now it is the FORMATTING in blogger.  I'm am *this close* to switching to wordpress because of it, but can't justify paying for it yet.  We'll see how many times blogger has me in tears in the next couple weeks.  Maybe things will change...

What is it for you?  The social politics?  Writing blocks?  Photos?

Blogging makes me cry when__________________________________________

Re: [BLOG PROMPT] Blogging makes me cry when...

Host - Morena
Photography and photo editing! Ugh!  I'm getting better but it still takes me way longer than it should!

Re: [BLOG PROMPT] Blogging makes me cry when...

I totally get hung up editing photos. I now have massive backlog of posts that need photos. Ugh.

I love politics but refrain from spewing them on my blog. That's what facebook is for, lol.
Dee

Re: [BLOG PROMPT] Blogging makes me cry when...

Dee
...you spend 4 hours composing & editing and get 200 hits on your post but not a single person replies.

What is that all about? Are there that many people just lurking? Are they spambots looking to steal content? Is it a bunch of other bloggers spying on you? I don't get it.

How do you engage readers to comment?

Re: [BLOG PROMPT] Blogging makes me cry when...

AveNew
@Dee... haha! I'd LOVE to get 200 hits on a post. One day!
Elizabeth @ Ave-New

Everyday inspirations- unique interpretations.
http://ave-new.com

Re: [BLOG PROMPT] Blogging makes me cry when...

AveNew
I'd really feel better having some volume in my readership. I can only spare such limited time for the blog that most of the time I'm just trying to get together the project I'm writing about or resizing the photos.

It would be nice to spend some time really learning how to use Pinterest (like right now I'm stuck cause I can't figure out how to verify my website), Google+ (which I only JUST started), and StumbleUpon to expand my viewers.

I currently use Wordpress and pay for my blog. I have no advertisements and no backing- I just want to get in a groove and find where I belong in the world of blogging before any finances get involved.
Elizabeth @ Ave-New

Everyday inspirations- unique interpretations.
http://ave-new.com
Dee

Re: [BLOG PROMPT] Blogging makes me cry when...

Dee
We are in the same place Elizabeth. I'd be happy to help you get your participation levels up and chit chat about anything you may need help with. I'm just starting too but I do understand social media & most things computer related so I will help you with that if you can help me not hate my friends for being slackers. :0)

Re: [BLOG PROMPT] Blogging makes me cry when...

Jen - Girl in the Garage
Frustrated tears=  Having almost NO interaction from my in-laws on either my blog or FB page... I have a decent-sized family and many of them are very creative so it's not like they're not interested in my topic.  They think that just "liking" my FB page is enough, even though I've tried to explain otherwise.  No email signups, no random comments, rarely any FB interaction.

Happy tears= We all know there are lots of highs and lows in blogging (which can also bring frustrated tears)... I was having a rough day a few days ago and on top of that my husband had just left to go out of town AGAIN for work... so far 3 weeks in a row, only home on weekends - and I checked my email and had a really sweet comment on one of my projects from a while back.  It was so sweet and just what I needed at that point- I immediately started crying.