Are you a crafter? or designer? or DIYer? or both? all?

12

Are you a crafter? or designer? or DIYer? or both? all?

What are you?  Do you craft?  Are you a crafter?

Perhaps you are more a DIYer (there's a forum for that!)  or a designer wannabe (a forum for that one too!)

...but maybe you are somewhere in between or maybe you are all of the above.

So the question remains...what are you?

A crafter?

Re: Are you a crafter? or designer? or DIYer? or both? all?

HOST: NellieBellie
Yes please!!
I am creative. That makes me all of the above! But, my patience level is such that I usually craft. It's quicker then DIY projects. I have a short attention span.

Re: Are you a crafter? or designer? or DIYer? or both? all?

You know, I consider myself "all of the above' but like Janel said crafting is faster and with trying to freelance write, blog, be creative, all while having small children at home crafting wins out a lot of the time.  I've also noticed that my readers seem to prefer smaller, high-impact craft projects as well.

Re: Are you a crafter? or designer? or DIYer? or both? all?

Ashley @ Domestic Imperfection
I wish I was a crafter, I would be able to get so many projects done! But alas, I am not...my heart belongs to DIY and design.

Re: Are you a crafter? or designer? or DIYer? or both? all?

I think I'm more of a crafter in the Winter and a DIYer in the warmer months.
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com

Re: Are you a crafter? or designer? or DIYer? or both? all?

So maybe I'm weird but crafting takes me FOREVER.  Little pieces of paper, bits of glue, all that crafty stuff seems like it takes forever to make it look GOOD>

I'm a crappy crafter.

Re: Are you a crafter? or designer? or DIYer? or both? all?

HOST: NellieBellie
You are not!! I've seen. Although, I don't have a reference for how long it takes you to achieve your fabulous projects!

Re: Are you a crafter? or designer? or DIYer? or both? all?

The projects that get all the pins?  Those take 5 minutes and are simple.  The ones that FLOP.  THOSE are the ones that take FOR.EV.ER.  If only I would learn!

Re: Are you a crafter? or designer? or DIYer? or both? all?

HOST: NellieBellie
well, I can't seem to get a 5 min craft to look that amazing. So, whatever you are doing works!
Those are the worst...when you take alot of time and then it doesn't turn out. Ugh.

Re: Are you a crafter? or designer? or DIYer? or both? all?

HOST-Court-Creek Line
5 minute projects are about the only ones I do! I sometimes think maybe I'm more of a stylist. Like I just take random junk and stick it together and sometimes it looks like something. I feel like to really be a DIYer you have to have some integrity and some "wanting to do things the right way-ness", I use way too much hot glue for that. :)

Re: Are you a crafter? or designer? or DIYer? or both? all?

I do it all. But I definitely go through seasons. Building has been my passion lately, so summers are filled with that. Fall is crocheting and sewing till I"m sick of that and then I move in to scrapbooking season usually about the dead of winter. By spring I'm ready to get outside and do it all over again. The designing stuff goes 24/7, I can't shut it off.

Re: Are you a crafter? or designer? or DIYer? or both? all?

HOST: NellieBellie
That is so true!! in WI there are periods of time where I can finally get outside and paint...that means it's furniture painting and spray painting!! And the smaller crafts are in the winter. I hear you!!

Re: Are you a crafter? or designer? or DIYer? or both? all?

A crafter!  I admire the DIYers, and I've attempted a few projects but I just don't enjoy it.  I'll stick with my crafting.  :)

Re: Are you a crafter? or designer? or DIYer? or both? all?

HOST: NellieBellie
I would stick with it too...you are so dang good at it!

Re: Are you a crafter? or designer? or DIYer? or both? all?

Host - Morena
Awwww, thank you! <3

Re: Are you a crafter? or designer? or DIYer? or both? all?

RCHOTX Tarah
I'd say I'm all of the above :)

I'm a definite crafter, first and best. wreaths, paper goods, just about anything crafty, I will try or do.

DIYer - I'd much rather do it than have someone else do it or try a more inexpensive version of something I saw. I'm still working hard at being fantastic at it.

Designer is something I would strive to be. While going to art college (see where I get it? :) ), I saw all the students from the interior design department and loved looking at their stuff.
Tarah, a Real {Cheap} Housewife of Texas

Re: Are you a crafter? or designer? or DIYer? or both? all?

denette
I am pretty much a repeat of Tarah above.  Crafty, DIY, don't consider myself artistic but have been told I shouldn't say that.  I do stained glass, dabble in sewing projects (but NOT quilting-too many color choices), outdoor projects, painting, repair, DIY, inspired by things I see online ( and actually do them.)  Have recovered a couple of chairs, current projects are finishing the last pillow, making my own chalkboard paint and chalkboards and a paper project I saw on a blog.  Just have to glue them down.  I am SO color and design challenged.  Would love to meet someone nearby to do a craft/DIY trade for their color and design ideas.  Does such a thing exist?

Re: Are you a crafter? or designer? or DIYer? or both? all?

Yeah for crafters!! I think DIY is something that comes from crafting...doesn't it. It's the giant version of crafting.
Interior design is such an art form...something I would love to learn too!

Re: Are you a crafter? or designer? or DIYer? or both? all?

I don't know if such a thing exists...but it sure sounds like a good idea!!
Stained glass is something I haven't tried yet. Bravo for you!! That intimidates me!

Re: Are you a crafter? or designer? or DIYer? or both? all?

denette
Stained glass is actually pretty simple.  Takes a little practice for the cutting and soldering.  One of the nice things about it is that each step is different from the others.  Unlike cross stitch or knitting/crocheting which is the same thing over and over, with SG when you are about tired of working with the pattern you move on to cutting, then to grinding, then to foiling, etc.  So each step is different from the last.  I have done a few mosaics which is a fun glass craft that doesn't have the precision or expense of SG if you want to dabble with a glass project.
12