Anyone have a Good Solution for Pet Hair?

Anyone have a Good Solution for Pet Hair?

Melissa-The Happier Homemaker
Seriously, I'm about to shave my golden retriever.  And the cat.  Possibly the kids too!  Does anyone have any good solution for dealing with pet hair? We have hardwood on the first floor and carpeting upstairs...it most noticeable on the hardwood but I know its just hidden on the carpet.  help!

Re: Anyone have a Good Solution for Pet Hair?

I moved the cat out to the shed...no joke.  It doesn't look like this anymore:  http://www.anestforallseasons.com/2012/02/before-after-photography-studioahemi.html

Re: Anyone have a Good Solution for Pet Hair?

...and I've somehow created little dust busting monsters out of the kids.  They think it is a privilege.  I'm about to go buy 2 more dust busters.

Re: Anyone have a Good Solution for Pet Hair?

Yes yes yes!!! I know this sounds strange but...fish oil!
I swear!
We have a boxer. Love her! But she sheds all over the place. We heard from a friend about fish oil and tried it...it works!!! Seriously...try it!

Re: Anyone have a Good Solution for Pet Hair?

Melissa-The Happier Homemaker
Do you use regular fish oil supplements or are there special dog ones? How did you find the dose? I'll try anything!

Re: Anyone have a Good Solution for Pet Hair?

Amy, I was just thinking the other day that my older boys (4 & 5) used to love helping me around the house but now they've entered the lazy zone.

Re: Anyone have a Good Solution for Pet Hair?

Regular fish supplements.
I'm not sure how we found the right dosage.
We use 2 capsules for our boxer.
And we just bury it in her food. Although now...she eats them straight. It's so strange.

Re: Anyone have a Good Solution for Pet Hair?

oh nooooooooooooooo say it ain't so Melissa!!!

Re: Anyone have a Good Solution for Pet Hair?

ok is it weird that I was trying to figure out how you used fish oil to clean your floors??  (NOT kidding...)

Re: Anyone have a Good Solution for Pet Hair?

HOST: NellieBellie
:). Love it! Yes, that is weird. But, I imagine someone somewhere has tried it (on Pinterest probably)

Re: Anyone have a Good Solution for Pet Hair?

Roxie
Get used to it.  I have hard wood floors too.  I have a Basset Hound.  She should be bald because there is so much hair on our floor.  I have a Dyson vacuum and it is a huge help but who can keep up?  Her hair falls out faster than I can vacuum.
The dust bunnies are going to take over here too.  A friend has one of those robot vacuums called Neato and it keeps her dust bunnies in check.  I want to get one too.

Re: Anyone have a Good Solution for Pet Hair?

Bliss Ranch
My advice would be to fall in love with the breed dog that doesn't shed before you get the next one.  That's my plan, our house has more dog hair now than air.