Quantcast

Anybody else have "bad" sleepers?

Melissa-The Happier Homemaker
I feel like I'm the only person I know that has kids that don't sleep through the night! My boys are one, four, and five years old-my five year old sleeps through the night but didn't start until he was three.  My four year old gets up every night and comes into my bed.  My one year old wakes probably 3-4 times a night.  Seriously I haven't slept 8 hours straight in six years!  Am I the only one??? (Just to note-I'm a very light sleeper/insomniac myself so perhaps it's genetic??)

Re: Anybody else have "bad" sleepers?

tutusteaparties
I hear ya! My 3 year old doesn't GO to sleep. She's up until 11pm or 12am at times! Even without a nap during the day, same story at night. She wakes in the middle of the night too and comes in our bed. I'm dead asleep at that point and have no idea until morning that she's even there. I'm hoping it gets better...but a few friends with older kids who didn't sleep at night say they still don't. Waaaa!

Coffee is my BFF. Lots and lots of it!

Zombie moms unite!
Signature

Re: Anybody else have "bad" sleepers?

COffee = nectar of the mommies!

This morning I woke up to screaming from my 4 year old at 6 am (wet bed).  Coffee is SWEET.

If only I could drink it black ALL the time instead of dropping in the creamer.

Re: Anybody else have "bad" sleepers?

Love that-Zombie Moms unite!!

My youngest (14 months) would NEVER sleep in a crib.  I finally broke down at 6 months and bought him a twin mattress and put it right on the floor.  That way when he's up a hundred times a night I can at least lay with him!

Re: Anybody else have "bad" sleepers?

We just kind of did the same thing with our two year old.  We have the box spring on the floor and mattress on top so it isn't super high and used our queen sized mattress when we replaced it.  A tiny 2 year old in a queen bed looks silly, but I looooooove being able to hop in and cuddle with him whenever.

Re: Anybody else have "bad" sleepers?

Mine are normally great, but last night was rooooouuuuggghhh. Hence the giant cup of coffee I'm guzzling. :)

Re: Anybody else have "bad" sleepers?

Ashley @ Domestic Imperfection
I am lucky and mine are both pretty good sleepers, at least at night. They have TRIED to be bad sleepers at times, but I'm that heartless mom that will just let them cry till they figure out I'm not going to get them.

Re: Anybody else have "bad" sleepers?

Melissa-The Happier Homemaker
Ashley-my second son would stick his fingers down his throat and make himself vomit if I left him to cry and my youngest has acquired the very scary habit of forgetting to breath when he cries-turning blue unless i blow in his face to remind him to breath.  Fun times.

Holy cow Melissa, that's scary.  Okay, I change my answer....my kids are a dream.

Re: Anybody else have "bad" sleepers?

Melissa-The Happier Homemaker
lol Ashley- they get their sheer force of will from my hubby.  It will be a useful trait down the line ;)